May Have Ebay Trouble W/ Heads

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I really think the guys pissed because things sold for a lower price than he ecpected them to. Even thats his fault. Geezs... Lets all list something for sale and when it sells raise the price and see what happens. Caution though... Incoming!!!!.... It would be hell from above thats for sure. Even if someone from this site went and picked the items up foe me that would only get me the parts. Then I would need to pay the shipping just to get them here. So I'm still in the same boat with a leak in it. Really, its just money and not a life. I could never do something like this to another person... Even a person I didn't know. Thats really the odd part. I'm not a faceless person. I'm part of the Brotherhood and the Brotherhood is strong in that one...:D

Snowdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
HE should "chalk it up to experience", insist he complete the deal as agreed. Go through ebay/paypal if he renegs. If you don't get satisfaction do a chargeback with your credit card company. Business is business. I am banned from paypal because I did a chargeback, so what. I opened another account in my wife's name. I could open another one in my son's, father's, friend's. It's the principal.

yARIC008

Drives really slow
Reaction score
Well the quicker you open a dispute on paypal the faster they'll freeze his account up, and the more likely it'll be they can reverse the funds transfer. Whenever something like this happens, the first hint of them wanting to change the deal after you paid, start a dispute on paypal.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can you post a link to the auction? The wording regarding shipping is key. Let us read it.

DeepRoots

Tug Engineer
Reaction score
the postmaster here at the willacoochee Post office told me she tried selling stuff on ebay but miscalculated the shipping and always lost money on the deal.

yup. I choose to live here.

IHWillys

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think icanfixall is correct in that the seller is not happy that the heads sold for less than he wanted.

I had a 70 lb bellhousing shipped from North Dakota to here in northern Colorado. Granted a bit lighter and shorter distance but this bellhousing cost me just over $20 to ship via Fedex Ground(much cheaper than UPS on these heavier items). I had a fully assembled I6 head shipped to me from Florida this past summer. Ie, bigger and heavier than a bare 7.3 head, and further distance. Cost: $75

Maybe he did do the shipping calculator wrong but if so I imagine he's using UPS and not Fedex Ground. Regardless, his mistake, he should make good on the deal.

Ken

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Well... The dcookoo eal is done. I offered to split the costs of his mistake (not mine) on the shipping and he agreed. Said he will package them up and send them on their way. Can't wait to see my parts. This is still a VERY bad way of doing business. It was his mistake but if I want what is rightfully mine by every fair way of doing business I have to cough up more money. Someday things will catch up with him. It just wont be me. Its time for me to move on and a lesson has been learned. I just hate Ebay and paypal. They almost seem to protect the bad guys.... Go figure.

IDIeselman

Reaction score
What a weasel, I take back the good guy statemant made on the other post. Once you get this sorted out maybe his home email address will( slip out )so we can all send him nastygrams.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well I don't know how that shipping calculator works. I'm always real carefull when selling on ebay. When at all possible, I try not to mention the cost of shipping, as ebay's rules state that if no shipping cost is specified, the seller can charge whatever he wants, and your obligated to pay it. Kind of a loop hole and a sneaky way to do things, but I've lost money on ebay stuff I sold and didn't figure enough for the shipping. Sounds like this dude made the same mistake. He's going to have to do like I did and just swallow it.

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
I agree with ya he should have covered the extra. Remember the rule someone posted here the other day - leave feedback on the last day you can so that maybe he won't have time to leave you bad feedback - do it at like 11:50pm or so just before the books close on it...

adelyser

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, leave feedback on the last day, or wait til he has left feedback. Once he has left feedback, he can't change it or leave another one.

Also, another note, if he sends it via Postal Service and doesn't have a tracking number, you can tell Paypal you never received it, and he has to prove he sent it with a tracking number, or they refund the money. Maybe you could go this route, then send him the original contract amount.

I've sold many things on Ebay, and a couple of times, I mis-calculated shipping, and just learned my lesson and moved on. He should have done the same.

One other Ebay trick I've learned, and figured out why others do it too, is to over-estimate the shipping amount. If I can ship something for $10, I usually post $20 or $25 shipping, and just expect less on the bids. It usually works, plus I don't get hit on the shipping for Ebay's fees, so I actually loose less money because I didn't pay Ebay as much. That's why you see auctions for items for $0.99, with $12 shipping, and it arrives in a padded envelope, sent for $4.

Last edited:

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
One other Ebay trick I've learned, and figured out why others do it too, is to over-estimate the shipping amount. If I can ship something for $10, I usually post $20 or $25 shipping, and just expect less on the bids. It usually works, plus I don't get hit on the shipping for Ebay's fees, so I actually loose less money because I didn't pay Ebay as much. That's why you see auctions for items for $0.99, with $12 shipping, and it arrives in a padded envelope, sent for $4.

Yes, but you know Ebay is aware of this procedure and is getting ready to deal with it! They have emailed me several emails stating that changes are coming...the reason was this exact procedure. You know Ebay has to get their cut too! :puke:

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
I don't know why he thinks that you should know that he thinks it costs that much to ship 100 pounds to LA.
I just looked at my DHL rate chart and I'm in the same origin zone as him and it would only cost $54.56 to ship 100 pounds to the furthest point from here.
Doesn't sound like he's trying very hard ( or he's trying real hard to pad his pocket at your expense :backoff

--------Robert

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Well guys... I have conformation that my parts were shipped today but a little dig was sent my way about how much it cost to ship and how little I paid for shipping. cookoo