Passenger side head not getting oil

Sinsectan

Reaction score
The oil pressure is now sitting pretty at 25-30 psi cold at idle, and the head is now getting oil.

I did two things that may have moved the needle. First of all, I installed new lifters all around. Second, I managed to spray seafoam directly into the relief valve through the bottom of the filter head, with the filter head still installed in the vehicle. I was lucky enough to have the exit hole pointed to towards me so it was accessible, and used the spray bottle with an included foot-long nozzle. Filled it up with Seafoam, and let it sit for a few days while I put the rest of the engine together.

Will I ever know which one fixed it? Probably not.

I disassembled the old lifters and found internally they were pretty worn, but looking at how oil flows through them I couldn't see how the wear would've completely prevented oil from flowing into the pushrods. Either way, this problem is now fixed.

Thanks for all the input guys.

Sinsectan

Reaction score
I spoke too soon... Oil pressure gets below 10psi when hot at idle, accompanied by a tapping sound. I'm guessing this sound is coming from the rockers not getting enough oil due to the low pressure.

What's the fastest way to drop the oil cooler on a 4x4 truck? I need this working by sunrise. If not, luckily I have a short commute so the oil won't get too hot.

Many thanks once again

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online