Made me laugh...

NapaBavarian

Dually driver 6.9
Reaction score
I realized I need a crew cab, I'll outgrow the extended cab and for the amount of effort I plan to do it right the first time!

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
How can it cost that much to register an older truck...:dunno I pay around $150.00 for my 89 crewcab each year... Must be some back fees or something like a lein...

Devilish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Back fees, penalties, and interest. It adds up fast in Kali.

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
We get that kind of crap around here on Kijiji.ca (Craiglist type site). I have learned to NEVER post anything as "Best Offer" on there. The only type of people who make offers are lowballing scam artists!!!

I recently put up a Magellan Meridian Color GPS and software for both Canada and U.S.A.....worth over $700 new. It is in MINT condition and one of the programs was still sealed in it's package!!!

I was offered $50, $60, $90 and a trade for a skidoo helmet and gloves? What the hell is that!?

Back in 2005, I bought a BRAND hammering new electric guitar, amp, 2 or 3 pedals, chords, strap, case and some other things. Cost me $900 out the door. I played it all of 4 or 5 times, moved to the city, where apartment dwellers do NOT like you playing AC/DC or Chuck Berry at ANYTIME on an electric.

I posted an ad that I would sell everything for $250 ish. The guitar and everything is in pristine condition. I was offered a trade for two "walmart" style guitars, cheapos. Someone offered me a cell phone, but I had to take over their monthly payments until the contract ran up in 2 years. It's the same phone I have now, and I only paid $150 brand new for it (Samsung Link).

I have learned that if I were to sell something, pick a price that is WAY high out of it's league, and let the potential buyer knock you down to a price that they think is fair (and is what you wanted to get from it in the first place)...not many honnest bidders in my area!!

Sorry if I hijacked this, I just had to let off some steam!!

Rant terminated

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have learned that if I were to sell something, pick a price that is WAY high out of it's league, and let the potential buyer knock you down to a price that they think is fair (and is what you wanted to get from it in the first place)...not many honnest bidders in my area!!
overpricing has just as bad of an effect on a potential sale too. Many who are looking for a fair deal won't even bother offering on a overpriced item.

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
overpricing has just as bad of an effect on a potential sale too. Many who are looking for a fair deal won't even bother offering on a overpriced item.

This is true, but if someone was serious about an item, shoot me a price..

I know what you mean though, but if I seen an overpriced item, I will shoot them a price that is fair to me and see what comes back. Usually it turns out to be guys like me that are fed up lol.

NapaBavarian

Dually driver 6.9
Reaction score
There's a couple that iritate me, like the guy who's been selling an F250 diesel ZF5

No engine or transmission, I emailed him, but I don't think he gets it, no longer a diesel 5 speed with those parts gone!

Devilish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does that apply if if was registered on another state?

AFAIK no. But if They ask where the truck is I'd be more inclined to say it is in Reno or you trailered it in over the weekend and the tires did not touch upon a public kali street. That's only because I've heard stories about them trippin on how a truck was moved and how long it's been in kali.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There's a couple that iritate me, like the guy who's been selling an F250 diesel ZF5

No engine or transmission, I emailed him, but I don't think he gets it, no longer a diesel 5 speed with those parts gone!
the only thing original on that shell is the cab. everything else was replaced with older sheetmetal too.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
About a month ago I was surfing the 1937 Cord parts....:sly I found a seller that has a 1937 Beverly Sedan fully restored. He was asking $499,999.00 for it... Got no bids... Some bidders sent him an Email that the price way way off the mark. His answer was he was just "testing the market" to see if anyone was interested in it... WTH. I own a low mileage Beverly sedan that looks better than what he was selling... Mines not for sale... ever. He has reposted it three times now at the same price... There is no cure for stupid.... The truck seller probalbe didn't really pay attention to what he or she was posting. It wont sell to anyone that knows the truck that for sure...