Lower kingpin bearing kit Moog K8833 - position for seal ???

1995voyagerES

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can someone help me?

(Dana 60 front axle)

I bought this Kit from rockauto couple days ago and I'm not really shure in wich order the parts go in the axle.
It's this kit http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/moreinfo.php?pk=227407

There is the bearing, the bearing race, the lower seal (with the metal part on it), the upper metal cap and another rubber seal.
I looked at a pirate4x4 page wich doesn't show this rubber seal. So I'm confused now :dunno

If I'm right (looking from top) the metal cap should go in first, then the bearing race, then the bearing and then the lower seal with the metal part on it - but where does the rubber seal go???

Thanks.

suv7734

Reaction score
The rubber seal goes at the base of the king pin on the top end. This is the best picture I can find right now.

You must be registered for see images attach

Let us know if you have any more questions.

1995voyagerES

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay. So that means I have one spare seal now for each side because my upper kingping bushing set also included this seal.
Thank you very much !!!
This forum is great ;Sweet

btw if someone wants to know what I'm doing right now: I'm rebuilding the complete frontend except the inner parts in the axle (oil is already changed). That also includes a new steering (with steering box), new o-rings in the ps pump, new ps hoses and a added power steering filter. The trackbar bushings are new too (I did them last year). :Thumbs Up

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online

No members online now.