low-psi fuel line locations/ length

pybyr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now that I have my charging system sorted out, my next task is to replace all the rubber fuel supply and return lines.

Since this'll be my first go-round at this on an IDI, I appreciate someone to give me a check on whether I've spotted all the right locations, so I can get the right length of hose.

- from semi-rigid line from fuel tank to intake of mechanical fuel pump- about 10 inches in a loop

-from return outlet of IP to rigid line running down drivers side of engine- about 8 inches

-from back of rigid line down driver's side of engine down along firewall to semi-rigid return line to fuel tank- about 3 feet or a bit less.

Any other places I need to figure on?

Also, while I am replacing all this, I might as well use a hose material that can work with all fuels, including biodiesel. Can someone remind me of the right material/ grade, and suggest a good source?

Thanks!

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If your hard plastic nylon lines are in good condition, I would not mess with them. I had to replace part of the steel line on a truck I was working on, and re-used the factory nylon line, it was in excellent condition.

pybyr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If your hard plastic nylon lines are in good condition, I would not mess with them. I had to replace part of the steel line on a truck I was working on, and re-used the factory nylon line, it was in excellent condition.

I'm going to leave the nylon lines alone-- the hoses I'm referring to are the rubber sections of the system, which are either brittle and dry looking or covered with a sheen of fuel.