Fuel pump line

94f350

Reaction score
So I was replacing my mechanical fuel pump and I rounded the nut on the outlet line. I cut it right before the nut and I was just gonna out a new nut on and flare it to out on the new pump but I couldn't get the nut on. I cut it back further and I still couldn't get the nut on, I tried flaring the line and putting a fuel hose on to connect it to the pump but I can't get it to stop leaking. Does anyone know where I can get a fuel line to go from the pump to the filter? Or am I going to have to buy a tubing bender and make it myself. BTW I have a 94 f350 w the fuel filter further to the right of the engine bay as opposed to the older models with the filter on the left.

Old Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Use a Brass Barb Fitting and use 3/8" fuel hose.
Same on the Filter end. I did this on my 86.

Just reread your post, not familiar with your set up, hose should work, at least to get you going.

Be sure to fill your hose with ATF, Marvel Mystery Oil, Diesel etc... so you don`t introduce air into your system.
I use one of those syringes to inject tenderizer into meat. Got it at the $ store, easy to use, and no mess. Lately haven`t seen them but Wally World has a fancier one for a bit higher price.

Goat

Last edited:

Austin86250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Russ has a “hard line delete kit” available, I’ve ran regular rubber fuel line before works great but not for long

Old Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Iam using the same set up Russ has posted on his site. Been using it for a few year w/o any problems.
Also the hard line delete from filter to IP.

I think I have one or two of the metal hard lines out in the shop, but for an 86 which goes straight up from lift Pump to Filter.

Goat

94f350

Reaction score
Iam using the same set up Russ has posted on his site. Been using it for a few year w/o any problems.
Also the hard line delete from filter to IP.

I think I have one or two of the metal hard lines out in the shop, but for an 86 which goes straight up from lift Pump to Filter.

Goat
Could you send me a link to get it?

jwsfarrier

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the hard line delete kit Russ sells is for the line from filter to IP not from fuel pump to filter FYI