low boost

F350camper

BOOST!
Reaction score
agree with what bud said.

If you haven't turned up the fuel, start cranking it if you have a pyro. The boost will come up as you add fuel.

Nickbf2504x4

ATV Racr-IDI Driver
Reaction score
yes i have a pyro...c'mon guys im not that much of a newbie :D i a ppreciate the concern though, and i turned the fuel up i think its max with 1/8 turn back, will make sure tonight and fill my propane bottle on the way home! ill keep you posted

fiverpuller

Lizard Limo
Reaction score
What rpms are you running up to? Empty I can barely pull 5psi and towing I can get up to 10psi. This is at about 2800rpm. Maybe my turbo needs rebuild...but good enough for me. Propane added about 2psi instantly. :D

Nickbf2504x4

ATV Racr-IDI Driver
Reaction score
good to hear

only been empty so far... ill fill my bottle after work at the service station...then it's off to the grade for a little test run ;Sweet dont worry ill let y'all know how it went!

deanj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On hard accel (empty) I get 7 lbs, pyro running in the yellow. At 2400, around 70 mph I get 4 lb, pyro at 650. What waste gate actuator do U have, if it is the diafram type with the threaded rod U can turn it in (shorten) to get more boost. Also check that U do not have a pressure leak (spray a soap solution around the joints)

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anybody got Jim Williams number?

He left me a voice mail and needs help, but I can't find his number. He's got an injector body stuck in the bore. I was surprised he wasn't listed on the BOOB contact list.

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
I got the message last night as well - I was at work when he called so I called him back this morning. - All is well now. The injector had stuck in the head (lower half) so when he pulled the injector it came out in pieces. Problem was the lower half was still in the head. So he took the old injector (top half) and ground the threads off it then just put it back together, then just kept cranking it down to break the carbon loose. He is back up and running now. ;Sweet

Mel btw - nice thread steal :backoff :draw

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:***:

I posted this as a new thread! :confused:

Obviously there has either been a database error (unlikely) or I clicked the wrong button on the wrong window. (most likely).

My appologies to the thread starter. :hail

Nickbf2504x4

ATV Racr-IDI Driver
Reaction score
no problemo

:D so i got my propane bottle filled... :peelout :Thumbs Up :Thumbs Up lets just say i think my power hungry problems are over (for now) but i still cant hit more than six pounds while empty is this normal? :confused:

Last edited:

L.Wilkinson

Its an Arktos not a Sub
Reaction score
Nickbf2504x4 said:
:D so i got my propane bottle filled... :peelout :Thumbs Up :Thumbs Up lets just say i think my power hungry problems are over (for now) but i still cant hit more than six pounds while empty is this normal? :confused:

Well Nick, my non wasted gated ATS will provide upwards of 12psi pegged, M/T or loaded while on a grade (not that I spend much time there anymore, my philosophy these days is more towards longevity of the old girl, than blazing performance oft times followed by unwanted shop time and wallet draining exercises :smash: ) As well, although I have at times had the pump screw pretty deep, it is presently only about 1/2 a turn beyond spec.
One thing that does help my boost and scavenging abilities is both a rammy front air intake funnel with 5" feed to the filter box, as well a very unrestrictive exhaust system. (The muffler is even quiet - I rebounded from a straight pipe phase :Sly ) Cruising slack throttle @ freeway speeds, I routinely register 1 - 1 1/2 psi.
Lorne

tuckerd1

WAR DAMN EAGLE!
Reaction score
L.Wilkinson said:
One thing that does help my boost and scavenging abilities is both a rammy front air intake funnel with 5" feed to the filter box, as well a very unrestrictive exhaust system. (The muffler is even quiet - I rebounded from a straight pipe phase :Sly ) Cruising slack throttle @ freeway speeds, I routinely register 1 - 1 1/2 psi.
Lorne

Lorne, do you have any pics of that ram air setup. Interested to see it.

Don

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online