Looks like I get to fix the dreaded cracked firewall.

Dzlnut

Reaction score
Looks like I have the cracked firewall from the clutch pedal. I'm not really sure how bad it is yet, I'm going to tear into it next weekend. I have a 04 F350 PSD as well but I absolutely love driving my old IDI. I'll post up some pictures of how bad the firewall is when I get it opened up.

warhog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hopefully not as bad as mine! i worked on it all day and still not done.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Dzlnut

Reaction score
I hope not too, I'm pretty sure it will not be good as the steering column flexes when the clutch is pushed.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hope not too, I'm pretty sure it will not be good as the steering column flexes when the clutch is pushed.

Do that repair and a 235lb gorilla like me can't freakin move that column no more! Mine USED to wiggle like wet spaghetti

Matrix37495

The Amish Wolfman
Reaction score
Can someone post a picture of the inside of a non-reinforced firewall? I have some kind of plate there but I don't know if it's a fix or factory...

Dzlnut

Reaction score
I sent terrapin a email to see if they have any plates to sell. It says they are shut down till spring on their site.

freebird01

Post Turtle!
Reaction score
yea i closed up shop temporarily. I am in the process of moving to another state. I am hoping to be closing on a house here in Feb and try and get back up and running as soon as I can. TMC is a part time gig so I kinda have roll with what pays the bills.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have the Terrapin Manufacturing reinforcement plates. Perhaps Conestoga Diesel Injection will have to be Jason's retail outlet until he is up and running again. LOL :)

Dzlnut

Reaction score
yea i closed up shop temporarily. I am in the process of moving to another state. I am hoping to be closing on a house here in Feb and try and get back up and running as soon as I can. TMC is a part time gig so I kinda have roll with what pays the bills.

Got your email this morning...bummer

PackRat239

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dont mean to hijack this thread, but will the reinforcement plate fit my 93? I am building a new cab to replace old rusty, and I see the firewall flex on the old cab when the pedal is pushed. I will never have a better access to install the plate if it will fit. What are these selling for?

Dale

freebird01

Post Turtle!
Reaction score
I should have them available in a week or two. I am in the process of moving and had shut down any production of these until that was over but the demand we enough I made another batch. I sell them for $100 +$9 shipping. When they are available again I will re-activate the link on my website to purchase.

Jason

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I should have them available in a week or two. I am in the process of moving and had shut down any production of these until that was over but the demand we enough I made another batch. I sell them for $100 +$9 shipping. When they are available again I will re-activate the link on my website to purchase.

Jason

So how's the sales going Jason? Have you got a few out there...how many roughly? PM me if u like,