Loctite on FIPL Mounting Screw Threads

MOWOG

Gearhead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
... so I'm changing out my FIPL and I notice what looks like Loctite on the threads of the small Torx 15 mounting screws. I'm pretty sure this is the original FIPL from the factory (with 142K miles) since it's got the same dabs of white paint that were on the IP. I haven't heard anyone on this board mention using loctite on these screw, but it doesn't sound like a bad idea. What do you guys think? What type of Loctite... I haven't really used it much.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
So your telling us the switch to mounting tab has this loctite on them??? If so that not really needed. Now the screws or bolts that hold the mounting tab and switch to the injection pump will not require any thread locker. Also if they are not a hex head bolt change them. They are 1/4 inchbolts and the hex will be 7/16. Much easier to work with... One more thing... Those tps switches needs to be changed around 50,000 miles because they wear out. Be careful when you install the new switch. Look at how the throttle shaft tab fits into the plastic switch drive. You need to kinda wind it up so it operates properly. Voltage when at idle engine off is .96 to 1.2 volts using a digital voltometer. The low volts give a soft shift and the high volts give a firmer shift. All this is done on a wramed up engine.