Lift pump

mu2bdriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes it is. However I can't see your picture on Tapatalk.

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, that is the lift pump... Looks like you have a leak....

When you replace it, you should replace the olives in the hard line on the left (in this picture) on this end, and at the fuel filter housing. I would also get a GOOD chunk of 3/8" DIESEL RATED hose (from NAPA or a big truck shop, not the cheap s**t from AutoZone or Advance...etc, the cheep stuff doesn't like diesel, we had a chunk get soft in a couple months) and replace the section on the right (in this picture) from the lift pump to the frame rail.... this is a common leak point...... since you are going to get a diesel bath, might as well do everything at once....

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
There's no olive at the lift pump end of the hard line. Just one at the filter housing.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Yes. Just a flare like on an older 302/351. Yours could be slightly loose or even have a bad spot on the flared part itself.

Brandon Crislip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Should I try and save the diesel is it enough to really worryabout? Will it simply run out and stop our will the pressures be continuous? If I need to save it what do I filter with?

Macrobb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Park facing uphill with a decent angle or you'll find that the line from the tank to the lift pump will slowly leak fuel.
It's not the end of the world if you don't, but be ready to pinch the line off. Don't worry about spilled fuel too much(a few paper towels should be enough), as long as you pinch/block the line off quickly and get it done.

Brandon Crislip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will get the hose elsewhere... I got a delphi, the original type of pump. Is there any special thing to know about getting that lever thingy and onto the crankshaft? Also is there any way you can help me get the correct part number for the olives or tell me what to tell these guys so that you know what I need I kind of get that AutoZone but I will get the hose somewhere else anything else I might need to know guys?

mu2bdriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's also a good time to put a Facet pump in there and lose the lift pump. When I did mine I parked level and just put some pig pads on the driveway and didn't notice any overwhelming amount of fuel dripping out.