Lift pump diaphragm leak help

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Any return lines leaking on top of the engine will run to the back under the intake manifold on the valley pan. then there is a drain hole back there and it can only run down the starter side of the engine. So the starter gets wet. you say the return caps are wet.. Well I would not frive across the street like that. your wasting fuel. But if you feel driving a long road trip is ok like this then go for it. But for economys sale I think a return line kit is a better addition than a lift pump.. Or do both. With the amount of miles on the original lift pump it does't owe you anything to replace it. Or at least put it under the seat just in case. It does take some work to replace it and that rear bolt is hell to reach. So mot will install the front bolt first. The hose and hard line connections are easy too. Might want to replace the rubber hose too because you know its original too.

loggin350

Reaction score
Yea I know your completely right, I've been putting it off even though I know it's inevitable I need to do return lines, IP, injectors the works my mileage has dropped noticeably in the past few months. It just seems like something always comes up before I am ready to order, got the wife a new jeep, a/c for the house broke, unexpected trips for family emergencies, I'm just trying to get back on top financially before I get out of the military in a little under a year