Least expensive sending unit options

Revelstoke

Reaction score
About the Powerstroke sending unit: I understand you to say it fits right in with no problems? Is the wiring straightforward?

Exekiel69

Reaction score
Use a Powerstroke(94-97) sending unit they are stainless and plentifull at the Junk yard. You can get em for 15 bucks and never worry about em again. Just make sure you get the pigtail that goes with it because the plugs are different

About the Powerstroke sending unit: I understand you to say it fits right in with no problems? Is the wiring straightforward?

Apparently You need some of the PSD wiring.

blackflag

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm going to change my rear sending unit this weekend. If the shower head has fallen off in the tank is it necessary to try to fish it out? Sorry if this is a dumb question. I searched this and other threads and didn't see my particular question answered anywhere. I would assume it wouldn't hurt anything if it remained in there would it? Thanks for your help.

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
Maybe not but if I was in there I would get it out, some have had problems with pieces getting sucked in and clogging the selector valve.

blackflag

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jred, thanks for the advice. I got the sending unit swapped today and the showerhead was in fact broken off. I fished it out of the tank along with another small piece of the line that had broken and all should be well. Since the bed is off I'll go ahead and swap the front tank's unit as well just to have it out of the way. One other question, should I go ahead and replace the fuel selector switch? Mine's working, no issues at all, but I assume it to be the original unit. And if so, any specific instructions? Thanks again for your help.