L10 turn up

Bean

Reaction score
So whats the skinny on cranikin up a L10? Got a freind thats got one and its a bit doggy pullin his backhoe, want to see what I can do to get some more fuel runnin threw it.

So any ideas.

Duke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What kinda pump? What is it 280 horse?

Heard L-10's weren't real mod friendly when I was thinking of buying an L-8000 S/A dump. I called Pittsburgh Power and they didn't have much to offer in terms of power upgrade suggestions.

Last edited:

Pacific

Gravel Rat
Reaction score
The max power you really want to safely get out of a L-10 is 300hp you maybe able to squeeze 335 out of it. The M-11 is a little better for squeezing some more power out of it.

In a single axle a L-10 is good but in a tandem she's a little low powered even in a L-8000 tandem its underpowered.

Bean

Reaction score
Pacific said:
The max power you really want to safely get out of a L-10 is 300hp you maybe able to squeeze 335 out of it. The M-11 is a little better for squeezing some more power out of it.

In a single axle a L-10 is good but in a tandem she's a little low powered even in a L-8000 tandem its underpowered.

This one is a single axel L-series, dont know pump or year. He siad teh hp rating but I dont remeber what it was, he did say his old mack was teh same hp rating but it would out pull that L-10 by leaps and bounds, probably a larger displacement and bigger tq # is my guess.

Pacific

Gravel Rat
Reaction score
The old Macks have good low end torque its probably why it pulls better. A L-10 rated at 300hp pulls pretty decent if its in a single axle it should have more than enough power. Anymore power then you would have axle problems ie snapping axle shafts.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grizzly Wrecker