L10 turn up

Bean

Reaction score
So whats the skinny on cranikin up a L10? Got a freind thats got one and its a bit doggy pullin his backhoe, want to see what I can do to get some more fuel runnin threw it.

So any ideas.

Duke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What kinda pump? What is it 280 horse?

Heard L-10's weren't real mod friendly when I was thinking of buying an L-8000 S/A dump. I called Pittsburgh Power and they didn't have much to offer in terms of power upgrade suggestions.

Last edited:

Pacific

Gravel Rat
Reaction score
The max power you really want to safely get out of a L-10 is 300hp you maybe able to squeeze 335 out of it. The M-11 is a little better for squeezing some more power out of it.

In a single axle a L-10 is good but in a tandem she's a little low powered even in a L-8000 tandem its underpowered.

Bean

Reaction score
Pacific said:
The max power you really want to safely get out of a L-10 is 300hp you maybe able to squeeze 335 out of it. The M-11 is a little better for squeezing some more power out of it.

In a single axle a L-10 is good but in a tandem she's a little low powered even in a L-8000 tandem its underpowered.

This one is a single axel L-series, dont know pump or year. He siad teh hp rating but I dont remeber what it was, he did say his old mack was teh same hp rating but it would out pull that L-10 by leaps and bounds, probably a larger displacement and bigger tq # is my guess.

Pacific

Gravel Rat
Reaction score
The old Macks have good low end torque its probably why it pulls better. A L-10 rated at 300hp pulls pretty decent if its in a single axle it should have more than enough power. Anymore power then you would have axle problems ie snapping axle shafts.