Kent Moore J33300-A Timing Meter

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Just found this on ebay and so far it looks like a good deal. no telling what the final price will be. I want this but will not be bidding on it. It differs from the J33300 meters in the size and a few different computer boards in it. Mainly the digital display setup is different. If anyone is loking at buying a J33300 meter make sure the display is not red in color. thats a older model with a vacuum type tube display and no longer supported by kent moore. About a year ago they told me the parts were no longer available and when they were out thats it for repairing those meter. This is ONLY FOR THE RED DISPLAYS. The greenish blue is still supported well. The J33300-A meter has a few new modifications and it comes in a smaller box so it fits the flat rate box easier.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Kent-Moore-..._Automotive_Tools&hash=item54028282b5&vxp=mtr

cpdenton

Truck needs paint.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The display unit is under that coil of power wires. To the left of the rocker switches.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Its really sad when a seller can't display what they have clearly. But yes. The meter digital display is under the power cables on top of the meter. One should ask the seller to post a clear pic of the display.

DaytonaBill

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Its really sad when a seller can't display what they have clearly. But yes. The meter digital display is under the power cables on top of the meter. One should ask the seller to post a clear pic of the display.
Which I just did... With it on... But he did specify that it was "untested"...

Maybe he knows that it is broken... :eek: :backoff

I'm not bidding on it until I see a working display...

ZWilson07

Cowboy
Reaction score
Yeah I dont know why he wouldn't show you. It literally takes like 5 seconds to see if it does or not which I just did for the one I bought.

Of course I was lucky with having 2 brand new batteries sitting in one of the living rooms for the cummins that I haven't put in yet. So that made it a lot nicer LOL

DaytonaBill

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hmm...

Well, I just got a email from the seller...

He says that he doesn't have any batteries for it...

Does it take some kind of special battery?

Or should I just drive on by and look for the next one?

He does have a 99.8% Positive feedback and he said that if it doesn't work, he would take it back...:dunno

ZWilson07

Cowboy
Reaction score
Hmm...

Well, I just got a email from the seller...

He says that he doesn't have any batteries for it...

Does it take some kind of special battery?

Or should I just drive on by and look for the next one?

He does have a 99.8% Positive feedback and he said that if it doesn't work, he would take it back...:dunno

Not that I know of, that's weird. Seems like he doesn't know much about what he's selling.