Kens pump and injector specs

Tynian

Wrench Counter
Reaction score
Hello fellas. :hail

Still working on my truck pics I will get some out asap.

Can anyone please give me the specs of Kens, super duper pump and injectors.

Please be specific, as I > :confused: sometimes, have trouble with all the lingo.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The turbo calibration pumps flow upwards of 110CC instead of the usual 80CC, or something like that. :) The injectors have a higher pop pressure and can also flow more fuel.

Tynian

Wrench Counter
Reaction score
Rawpower > Everything that I can

Agnem > So whats the pop pressure of the injecters

Of course we are talking about the upgraded pump and injecters that we can only "currently" get from Ken.

Tell me more please, I need to know everything.
Thanks guys :hail

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
course we are talking about the upgraded pump and injecters that we can only "currently" get from Ken.

Tell me more please, I need to know everything.
Thanks guys

Why? So you can buid them yourself?

How about just asking him yourself, I am shure he would be happy to give you all of the information and specifications that you need, As any buisness owner would, you know,..do all of the work and testing and research themself's, and give it out so others so they don't have to do the work, and then go into buisness aganst them. :rolleyes:

Yea well Good luck with that..... :backoff

I think this thread should be delieted,.. what do you think..?

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
Darrin Tosh said:
Why? So you can buid them yourself?

How about just asking him yourself, I am shure he would be happy to give you all of the information and specifications that you need, As any buisness owner would, you know,..do all of the work and testing and research themself's, and give it out so others so they don't have to do the work, and then go into buisness aganst them. :rolleyes:

Yea well Good luck with that..... :backoff

I think this thread should be delieted,.. what do you think..?

That's what I was thinking.Kinda sounded a little like Fishing......I know one way he gets more fuel out from my careful observation of the Injectors I bought From him.....But I ain't telling no one except Duke.....and he ain't talking.

dieseldummy

Lost in time
Reaction score
*** is wrong with you guys? Last I checked it wasn't a sin to want to learn things... Whatever your dear Ken is doing to these pumps isn't magic, there are alot of ways to get results with them.

DIESEL RACER

Certified Diesel Freak
Reaction score
The pump uses new timing and fueling curves to get more performance out of a turbocharged idi application.

It might not be magic, but it takes a lot of time, money, and R&D to figure out what parts to use and how to get worthwile gains out of a pump, keep it drivable with lower EGTs, better mileage, and still have room left over to crank it up if you want. :draw

Joe Mc

Reaction score
Reading the specifications on a product is a good way to tell if the product has been modified, or they just wrote "High-Performance" on the box to sell it at a higher price. I read a lot of automotive parts specifications, my company does not make any parts, we help companies test them.

Anyone with the equipment and plans to sell modified pumps and injectors would just buy the parts, run them through their testers to get the baseline numbers and then tear it apart to reverse engineer it. It is a dirt cheap way to do it if you plan to compete in the parts game.

Huntersbo

Reaction score
I am going this rout so I can get performance in a truck without getting 5 mpgs, and more like 12-20 range!

I am still working on getting into th DPS forum though. I am a member but I can not participate in threads.

EvergreenRanch

In Transition
Reaction score
good lord, what did i miss here? sounds like he wants to know if they're worth buying, not looking to steal trade secrets. easy boys.

tuckerd1

WAR DAMN EAGLE!
Reaction score
DIESEL RACER said:
The pump uses new timing and fueling curves to get more performance out of a turbocharged idi application.

It might not be magic, but it takes a lot of time, money, and R&D to figure out what parts to use and how to get worthwile gains out of a pump, keep it drivable with lower EGTs, better mileage, and still have room left over to crank it up if you want. :draw

Good to see you checking in Ken! I wouldn't tell everything either.

Tynian

Wrench Counter
Reaction score
I got my pump back and I didnt have to pull teeth to get the specs here they are.

Pump #db2-5069

3000 Rpm 94-96 psi
3000 Rpm Auto Advance = 3.5
3000 Rpm Turbo 70-71cc
700 Rpm low idle 12-17cc
1400Rpm 68-75cc

So again can it would be nice to know the specs of Kens pump.

If I were to build my own pump out of information gained then turn around and sell them. Whocares? Ken gets a little competition, whats wrong with having 2 idi performance product suppliers. Its healthy for business. Prices will be competive as well as all aspecs of the business.

Honestly some of you are acting like juviniles. I just want to know how much better Kens pump is than mine and I want to know it very specificly. I cant get Ken on the phone and I dought he will tell me the complete specs. So I have to rely on you guys to help me out. Simply because thats what this forum and all us here in it are for.

Huntersbo

Reaction score
I can learn as much about it as I want once I own a high performance pump! Until I own rights to my own Kens injector pump then I do not have much right to the knollege.

If I can get 242 hp at 2700 rpm and 541 ft/lbs of torque at 1500 rpm from a $525 pump and open exaust, intercooled, 12-16 miles per gallon in my Scout then I will be happy.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin