Kens pump and injector specs

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
dieseldummy said:
Are you thinking of the DS4 electroinic chevy pump Towcat?
yup.
I stand corrected on the wrong designation. I don't know if he need one for another customer or he wanted to morph the two. All I know is the pump has been moved from one truck to another depending on which one I want the mileage to go into the toiletcookoo
I just can't keep my foot out of the throttle with this pump installed.

dieseldummy

Lost in time
Reaction score
I've often thought of the possibility of mixing the two together... Never wanted to tackle the issues though. I bet that sucker will move! ;Sweet

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
dieseldummy said:
I've often thought of the possibility of mixing the two together... Never wanted to tackle the issues though. I bet that sucker will move! ;Sweet
it doesn't move....it goes into warpspeed territory for a brick with training wheels(CC dually). Went to Disneyhell last summer and it flattened the grapevine doing 80+ All I need now is a 14k gooseneck trailer to see how she pulls. You don't notice a huge improvement at low end(below 1500), but it doesn't run out of steam at high RPM's. I pull hard all the way to the redline(3800). I think I ruined ER when he dropped in and I let him take her out for a spin.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
that's the one. Funny part is all the settings have been dialed back due to the lack of gauges. No black smoke production and boost limited to 6psi.cookoo I prolly will leave it like that even when the gauges are in due to the fact others do "borrow" the truck and I really doubt they drive by gauges. We'll see what happens when the GN is hooked up to it with a 14k load.;p

sassyrel

Reaction score
. We'll see what happens when the GN is hooked up to it with a 14k load.;p[/QUOTE] hope the trans is strong enough--that and the u jonts are the next weakest link---

DIESEL RACER

Certified Diesel Freak
Reaction score
We've thought about trying to use a DB4 head in a DB2 pump, but since the DB4 head operates opposite rotation of the db2 and the cam ring is different.

If you want to get some wild flow out of a db2 you can also increase the number of charging ports on the head. Bump it up to 6 or 8 so you can get a complete fill at higher RPMs.

Another area to look at is the plungers. Stock 6.9 pumps have .290" plungers installed, stock 7.3 pumps have .310" plungers. We can get almost 120cc out of a .310" pump. We've also built pumps for drag applications running .400" plungers.

If you want to start building pumps (or even building your own pump) you'll have to have a flow bench to make sure the thing is timed, flowing, phased, etc. correctly. Even then, some pumps take 2, 3, or more times going back on the bench before everything is where we're happy. I doubt a lot of guys are going to want to drop 50-80k into a mcm or hartridge flow bench to build a couple $450 pumps.

Tynian

Wrench Counter
Reaction score
If you want to start building pumps (or even building your own pump) you'll have to have a flow bench to make sure the thing is timed, flowing, phased, etc. correctly. Even then, some pumps take 2, 3, or more times going back on the bench before everything is where we're happy. I doubt a lot of guys are going to want to drop 50-80k into a mcm or hartridge flow bench to build a couple $450 pumps
;Really

Well I guess I'll be befriending my good indian friend. He's about 100yrs old but looks 60 to 70 ish. He has all that crap and I think I can spark enough of an interest in him to let me/him :Sly him/me tinker around with the pumps a litle ;Sweet

who knows, not me , no one,
nothing is ever what it seems.

Tynian

Wrench Counter
Reaction score
changing the subject just for a moment here if I may. :angel:

Do i need the F gasket rebuild kit
or the K

hope its K ,cause, not only did my local, ford parts department , autozone ,napa, and advance, not know what Letter I needed or how to determine how to get the letter for my idi gasket rebuild kit, they can all only get the K type gasket rebuild kit.:confused:

please advise

Tynian

Wrench Counter
Reaction score
Much ablydged ;Sweet

also to let everyone know, I got all my engine parts back from the machinists.

They honed the cylinders but did not ridge reem them.
They look and feel fine to me, no cliffing.
Do I have ta?

I bought the 1500lb engine stand plus a rolling stool from Northern yesterday.
I wanted the stand and hoist combo but the dont sell it anymore at least not here.

So I plan to put the stand together and after I get me block fully cleaned Ill attempt to set her up :draw

Um the picture thingy I cant seem to upload it says any of my pics are to large :mad:

Im gonna get it right

Thanks everyone :hail

you guys should be leading the troops ;Really

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin