Keeping the ford, Which way should I go?

Camarogenius

Reaction score
I just can't bring myself to sell it, and I need more trucks anyway. One just isn't enough to keep up with customer demand.
I'm going to put a 24' gooseneck behind it, and use it for smaller loads, less than 10,000 pounds.
I've got alot of work to do to it, It needs a complete clutch set up, including hydraulics, a complete brake job, and the sending units are toast in both tanks.
It also needs a set of doors and a paint job before I can let customers see it.

I'm going to end up putting a flat bed on it, as soon as I can find one cheap, that way I can run a small set of saddle tanks, probably 35-40 gallons a side.
A flat bed is also alot more convenient when you're only using it to pull a goose with anyway.
I'm thinking about converting it to a dually. The biggest reason is that it's a whole world easier if all the trucks and trailers have the same size tires, and rims.
I know that I need a set of adapters for the front, and I saw the post about the dually parts in cleveland. I'll be sending a PM shortly.
I guess my biggest question is, Since I'll be either going with a flat bed, or bare rear frame, can I just throw dually rims on the rear, or is there some special issue that won't let me?
Since it's going to be a dedicated hauler, I wouldn't mind swapping to a rear end with lower gears, but the step down from 3.55's to 4.10's isn't big enough to make it a "must have".
Let me hear your thoughts. Also, let me know if you have any goodies in your parts piles that I might need!

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you're strictly converting it for parts interchangeability (i.e. not planning to load the truck any more than you would an F-250), an Arrowcraft conversion kit should work quite well. IIRC a true dualie rear end is slightly different, but especially with ditching the bed, I don't think you have anything to worry about. ;Sweet

82fordtruck

Reaction score
I've got your flatbed. I'm looking for a grand out of it. I'll deliver....

Send me your email address for pictures.

Camarogenius

Reaction score
If you're strictly converting it for parts interchangeability (i.e. not planning to load the truck any more than you would an F-250), an Arrowcraft conversion kit should work quite well. IIRC a true dualie rear end is slightly different, but especially with ditching the bed, I don't think you have anything to worry about. ;Sweet
Well, the most it will ever weigh is 25,999. This is truck trailer and load. There's a lot of fees, and regulations that come into play @ 26,001. The laws regarding whom I hire also ratchet up quite a bit @ 26,001.

460429_freak

Crazy about diesels
Reaction score
there is a differnce in the rear end/frame/springs my buddy and my father in law both turnedf-250 to wreckers buddy used adapters looks like a f-350 and he hauls cars with it and 4-5 ton loads of junk no problems
my father in law tried but just runs regular wheels he said his truck has 3 inch wide spring where the true f-350 had 2.5 wide springs...

Camarogenius

Reaction score
there is a differnce in the rear end/frame/springs my buddy and my father in law both turnedf-250 to wreckers buddy used adapters looks like a f-350 and he hauls cars with it and 4-5 ton loads of junk no problems
my father in law tried but just runs regular wheels he said his truck has 3 inch wide spring where the true f-350 had 2.5 wide springs...

So, basically, I may have an issue with tires touching springs?
Spacers can fix thatI think.

82fordtruck

Reaction score
I also have your dually wheels. I'll sell brand new ones with about 50 miles on them for $50 apiece. They came off a 2007 GMC pickup. that's half what it should be.

Camarogenius

Reaction score
I also have your dually wheels. I'll sell brand new ones with about 50 miles on them for $50 apiece. They came off a 2007 GMC pickup. that's half what it should be.

I went to the Junkyard this afternoon, and bought a flat bed, 6 dually wheels (16"), a huge delta tool box, and two complete front hub/spindle assemblies for $400.00.
Thanks for the offer though!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bradz

Members online