Just got a used ATS turbo, what parts am I missing?

oregon101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just picked up a used Ats turbo but I think I am missing a few parts. Any suggestions?

Attachments

• 198.JPG
    198.JPG
    127.6 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:

gte718p

Reaction score
Funny I just bought an O85 ATS turbo kit off of tractorman. Anyone know what turbo the kit uses. I've seen people say T3/T4, TO4D, and TO4H. It looks like there are universal rebuild kits that cover all 4 but I would be happier knowing what I have.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Again, TO4H , the turbine inlet can be large or small flange.
Oh and beware of cheap rebuiild kits, some come with crap bearings and dont last ,then you are spending big bucks on the repairs.

tractorman86

Reaction score
oregon you have an 088 there i think the only difference is the exh side. the 085 uses different up pipes and has a bolt up and the 088 has slip in pipes. it looks like you are missing all the exhaust. dont know about that copper tube there either

k_williams1982

'01 Excursion 4x4
Reaction score
oregon you have an 088 there i think the only difference is the exh side. the 085 uses different up pipes and has a bolt up and the 088 has slip in pipes. it looks like you are missing all the exhaust. dont know about that copper tube there either

His looks just like mine, and I was told I have an ATS 085.:dunno Mine has an up pipe that bolts to the turbo, but but downpipe is a slip. I'll open the top pn my air cleaner assembly. That piece on the inside of mine has been ground out (better air flow maybe:dunno).

oregon101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the fast replies! The copper pipe is a heat exchanger that I am using to heat my WMO before the IP. Any suggestion besides ATS to get the exhaust components from?

david85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The airbox between the 085 and 088 seem to be interchangable. Some later 088s came with the older style 085 style airbox (like mine).

The only sure way to properly identify the turbo system is to look at the exhaust side. The 088 has a proprietory single piece unit that has the turbine housing, inlet and outlets all cast as one piece. It also says "ATS" on it.

The older 085 system uses a more conventional turbine housing.

tractorman86

Reaction score
His looks just like mine, and I was told I have an ATS 085.:dunno Mine has an up pipe that bolts to the turbo, but but downpipe is a slip. I'll open the top pn my air cleaner assembly. That piece on the inside of mine has been ground out (better air flow maybe:dunno).

yea you have an 085 then if you look close at the top of the turbo in his pic you see a notch in the casting, that is where it says ATS and it has a one piece exh housing where both up pipe and down pipe slip in. you have to look real closley

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
You have a 088 system there with a 085 air box. IMHO ditch the air box. Too difficult to get filters for them and they have inferior air flow. Do yourself a favor and make yourself a tubular cold air intake for it.
Also. Looks like you're missing the up pipe, which is going to be rather difficult to find, and the cross over pipe, which can be made by any competent exhaust shop. That up pipe you're going to have to either find from someone who has an extra one or try getting one from ATS.