Joined the Oilburner nation!! 1ST diesel!!

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OH...and I found the 12in DVD player with the wireless headphones on e-bay..$350...good deal for my sanity on long roadtrips...put a movie in for her..giver some snacks...and headset..and OFF WE GO!!..(at least when she's cranky...most times in the truck we end up talkin and playin games on roadtrips when her mom doesnt come...(which is as often as I can get away!!))...3yr olds have some interesting ideas on life...;p
a suggestion. teach your kid how to read a map book;Sweet
I did with mime:D She was riding around in the towtruck from 3 days old;Sweet
I started with fav Ice cream shops and worked up to shops I did account towing for. She's 8 now and can run circles around most tow drivers when it comes to getting from point "A" to "B" and provide alternate routes to get around traffic:thumbsup:

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
map book - what's that - we gots GPS on the laptop now days and OnStar them thar things tell ya where to go and alt routes.

Wanderer-rrorc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
a suggestion. teach your kid how to read a map book;Sweet
I did with mime:D She was riding around in the towtruck from 3 days old;Sweet
I started with fav Ice cream shops and worked up to shops I did account towing for. She's 8 now and can run circles around most tow drivers when it comes to getting from point "A" to "B" and provide alternate routes to get around traffic:thumbsup:

yep yep....its not her that makes me crazy...its her mom...LOL if the kids occupied..my wife quits mother hen-ing her and I get some quiet...Im very against the kid playin video games or watchin tv's..we grew up playin car games and havin conversations in the car...alot of good times were had!!

my daughter gets MAD when I leave with the trailer and she doesnt get to go with me..she knows Im pickin up somethin "COOL"...she LOVES to go on roadtrips with me..:peelout

Wanderer-rrorc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
map book - what's that - we gots GPS on the laptop now days and OnStar them thar things tell ya where to go and alt routes.

BAH!!...those arnt any fun!!...

then again...I didnt the name "Wanderer" for nothin...:D

I love when someone who doesnt know how to read the map is with ya...

"we'll follow this blue squiggly line till it hits our road"
"dude...thats a river"
LOL

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
I love my GPS... it has taken me on some pretty cool adventures through some roads that while took longer because of the tight turns (while hauling or towing) was beautiful - just like the one on the way down to the IDI Weekend this year and my gps found it's mate on the way home.... we were twisting quite a bit but the scenery made up for it.

I can read a map and always thought that a laptop GPS wasn't worth the money but I find it really helpful say we're RV'n and bee-boping along and want to stop for the night - I can have it look ahead on my current path so far and tell me where the parks are and their phone numbers so I can call ahead. Then if we want to stop for fuel but not right now or if I want to stop at say a Flying J so I can dump the tanks and stuff I just have it look for me. It does shopping, restaruants, and just about any point of interest a guy could ask for... although I haven't checked to see if it can find a ******* joint... might have to check that out...

Wanderer-rrorc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
welp...towed with it...not bad....I think the IP might be going...little white smokey when Im in the throttle loaded...(4dr sedan on the 18ft trailer...)

it would be nice if it had an overdrive..but the revs sounded just right for a 3spd..towd just fine..no sway....kinda nice to be able to get the trailer into tighter spaces (never towed it with anything OTHER than a crewcab)...

all in all...im happy with the purchase..just needs some luv...and it didnt have any suprizes for me either!!...(even stopped great without trailer brakes..didnt hook controler up yet...)

Wanderer-rrorc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
white smoke indicates retarted timing.

so I just advance the distributor???;p

I gotta pick up the manual for the van...how do I advance it?? (I think it might be a IP issue..it only does it under load (or when I have my foot pushin in the floor...)

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
so I just advance the distributor???;p

Ew... that might bring out the hangmans noose. LOL

You would need to rotate the pump towards the passenger side. Good luck. Ideally, you would have had this at the rally, and I'd have timed it for you.

Wanderer-rrorc

Full Access Member
Reaction score

You would need to rotate the pump towards the passenger side. Good luck. Ideally, you would have had this at the rally, and I'd have timed it for you.

whats the tricks??:hail

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
On the side of the pump (drivers side) there is an advance lever - at idle push this in and listen to the engine - you should hear a change.

Greenbeast6.9

grease monkey
Reaction score

yah right, if your hole is loose.:rotflmao cookoo

69oiler

I don't feel tardy
Reaction score
whats the tricks??:hail

you need a cheapo 9/16 box end wrench so you can grind it down to fit over the IP hold down nuts. loosen the 3 nuts and take a big crescent wrench and put it on the top square part of the pump (unless you have the proper tool the crescent wrench will work) carefully twist the pump a dimes width (scribe a reference mark on the flange) toward the passenger side. snug the nuts back down and test drive. if it sounds like the heads are going to fly off you went too far.

or bring it up to me and i'll time it by ear for you. sorry i dont have a meter but my ear aint too far off. maybe someone close by with a meter will chime in

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online