It could be time...>>>

HammerDown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thinking about putting it on eBay...think it'll do good?
Original owner...(me)
Runs/starts/shifts...beautifully.
No squeaks or rattles etc, solid quite ride.
Everything works...AC,windows,Cruise etc.
175,000 on the clock-Never really worked a day in it's life.
It will be missed.:(
*Click on pic for fullsize.

Attachments

• Picture 063.jpg
    Picture 063.jpg
    350.4 KB · Views: 51
  • Picture 065.jpg
    Picture 065.jpg
    431.2 KB · Views: 38
  • Picture 070.jpg
    Picture 070.jpg
    919.2 KB · Views: 36
  • Picture 075.jpg
    Picture 075.jpg
    604.1 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:

69oiler

I don't feel tardy
Reaction score
huh i mighta bought that when i was truck shopping last summer. i forget is it NA or turbo?

nice truck. i remember the rally when we met and i checked it out, it's very clean.

whatcha gonna replace it with?

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice looking clean truck;Sweet

I think you should put it in the marketplace here and autotrader too. I think you could get a better price than eBay. Seems to be quite a few members here close to you.

One recommendation....save a copy of the large pics & downsize the copies to 800 x 600 and drop the quality a hair for the guys with dial up in your ad you can state that you can email them larger higher resolution pics.

HammerDown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
huh i mighta bought that when i was truck shopping last summer. i forget is it NA or turbo?

nice truck. i remember the rally when we met and i checked it out, it's very clean.

whatcha gonna replace it with?
I remember you Oiler...and many other great people from that Rally ;Sweet

Non Turbo...
I'm leaning towards a new F150 Super-Crew 6.5 bed 4x4 w/either a 4.8 or the 5.4 Triton. >355 rears.

My truck is a runner, she never lets me down and I would take it cross country tomorrow if needed.
I just feel after ALLLLLL these years of ownership it's time to look at something new again. And since the newer Diesels seem to be plagued with so many problems I really can't consider one at this time. However the Quad Cab 6.5 Bed Dodge would be a good size also.

69oiler

I don't feel tardy
Reaction score
if you can use a short bed the Maxi cab Dodge is huge inside. but if i was looking at 1/2 tons i'd be in a GM.

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
I would stick it on ebay with a starting bid of 500 clams and no reserve... I find that when listing with no reserve the end price is typically higher because a reserve will hinder bidding... I know that it sounds scary but I find that things on ebay will typically sell for what they are worth.

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes and the competitive aspect comes into play. Sometimes people will bid higher on an item on ebay just so the other person doesn't get it.

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Hey Hammer, I will give you $3,500..00 for it because it is probablly worth $7K!

That is one beautiful unmolested truck, See what happens on E-Bay, if you want any help or tips on selling it just let me know, I would be glad to give you a hand!

Sorry to see you are getting rid of it,..

BamaSixGun

Will Work 4 Chrome
Reaction score
still looks like a new truck to me. great lookin ride. it would be hard for me to part with a nice truck like that.

HammerDown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
still looks like a new truck to me. great lookin ride. it would be hard for me to part with a nice truck like that.

Thanks...and yes it will be hard to part with something thats been good to me for almost 20 years.:(
I'm one of those people that fall in Love with their Vehicles.
*I still have my 81 Vette and 1978 Shovel-Head Harley. Both purchased new. The Vette (may) be next.

Last edited:

f-two-fiddy

Reaction score
Might want to wait?
They're still talking about a 6 Cyl diesel for the F150. They build 700,000/yr of them in Fords new plant in England. I'm sure that with the new Toyota, Ford is going to have to do something to keep it's #1 selling truck on top.

HammerDown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Might want to wait?
They're still talking about a 6 Cyl diesel for the F150..
True I know about the 150 Diesel on it's way. The only thing that bothers me besides the price of Fuel-$$$ is all this over complicated Emissions crap and ULS Diesel their now expected to run on. I personally forsee a lot of problems with the new Diesels that Mechanics simply don't know how to fix. Not to mention I don't see the newer engines lasting as long as the older ones...no way!
In the end it's going to cost the owner a LOT of $$$ to keep the new Diesels problem free and on the road.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online