Isspro Oil Gage Gone Bad

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
My Isspro EV electrical oil pressure gage has started showing almost 80 lbs of oil pressure at road speeds of 75 mph and 2000 rpm. It has a large sender at the oil port. Could it be the sender or the gage? When I turn on the motor the gage steps up to 20 psi even before the motor is started.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
I'm having troubles with one of my ISSPRO gauges as well. Its my tach, so its not a EV series gauge. Its all sporatic and will jump from 0rpms to all over the board. It goes to the regular rpm when I push the clutch in though, so whats the deal with that?

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
You've got a short justin. Did you run the wires for the tach through the firewall around the clutch area? If you did then that explains why its coming out of the short when you push the clutch in.

[email protected]

Reaction score
I have Isspro oil pressure, coolant temp and pyro. The only one that has not had problems is the pyro, the cooland and oil pressure have had bad sending units, which are mated to the little white amplifier box. Right now, my temp sender acts funny.

Wayne

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
I have never heard of these "amplifier" boxes before, ever. And I've been building classic cars and tooling with vehicles for over 10 years. Sounds like a bunch a bull someone's trying to sell extra. And if these ISSPRO gauges require them, then I guess Im gonna go somewhere else for my guages... Autometer. I've used them for years and have never had any problems with them.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Yeah those boxes are kinda a pain, but really its not that bad. I have 3 of those boxes sitting up under the dash zip-tied in there. I really do like there gauges though.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The engineer from isspro says as soon as the contract is up with the manufacturer in india there will be no more amplifier boxes, thank goodness.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Russ.... When will the contract be up? I'm about ready to buy several more EV 270 degree sweep from Isspro.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've always avoided the EV gauges because of those boxes. I've had excellent luck with the standard series.

Double-S-Diesel

parts seller
Reaction score
I have had a few issues with trans temp guages and the amplifier box. I believe isspro is the only one with them.
as far as the oil pressure sender, I was told not to install it on the motor, but run a line from the engine and mount it to the firewall, or inner fender.
I was told the contacts inside it will not hold up to the vibration of the motor.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle