Is it worth it?

Ironman03R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there a difference in the dash harnesses between a gasser and a Diesel 6.9? I'm parting out the 87 and am debating if its worth keeping the Diesel wireing harness.
Also whats the trick to get the speedometer cable off the cluster? I cant seem to get my arm back there to unhook it.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Keep the harness ,it is different and hard to find a good one. There is a little lever spring thingy that you push forward and the cable pops out

Ironman03R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok so I'll pull the dash to get the harness. Probibly save the dash too, its in nice shape but its Tan. I just gotta figure out how to get my arm up there to relese it.

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
Ok so I'll pull the dash to get the harness. Probibly save the dash too, its in nice shape but its Tan. I just gotta figure out how to get my arm up there to relese it.

might have to give the neighbor kid a cookie to reach up in for you.LOL it can be tight but it shoulent take much effort. if you dont care about the cable you could just cut or break the plastic collar.

87crewdually

Full Access Member
Reaction score
when I had mine out for a lube, I think I fed it some slack from the engine bay and underneath so I could have room for my arm to fit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
placidoert

Members online