IP identity

rip van sparky

Reaction score
Hi all, was just wondering if anybody could id this pump for me. I did a search and didn't really come up with anything conclusive. Is this the external fuel screw on turbo pumps that everybody mentions? It is different than what is on the pump on my 6.9. This is off of the 7.3 that was in my truck before it lost a valve. This pump also massively over fueled that engine. I was wondering if the PO removed a turbo from the truck before trading it in to the dealer that I bought it from. Also the numbers are H8 DB2831-4821 J. I am looking to get a turbo pump and injectors to go with the turbo from Towcat, but don't want to buy one if I already have one. thanks for any help

Attachments

• 100_2151b.JPG
    100_2151b.JPG
    49 KB · Views: 6
  • 100_2152.JPG
    100_2152.JPG
    31 KB · Views: 11

SKimballC

Reaction score
The screw should be the one above your fingernail in the picture on the right. On my turbo IP the screw's about an inch long, has no head and takes a 1/8" allen wrench in the end of the shaft, and there's a locknut. In your pic it looks like there's no locknut and the screw has a head on it. I have a 4821 in the garage that is just flat right there, no nut or threads. IIRC, the turbo pumps #'s end in 5069 and 5070.
What you're pointing at I've seen called the "metering valve stud". I messed with the one on the 4821 and it seemed to alter the power range, but nothing to really write home about.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726