IP connector and a quick fuel leak question

Tristan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those old school Banks air boxes are the worst! Also the air filters are an odd ball hard to find size.
You may want to consider chopping it into a much smaller piece to just go from the turbo outlet to the intake. Then you can create you own air intake with a big air filter of your choice. Makes the engine bay much more accessible [emoji1303]
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

renjaminfrankln

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I did not think about chopping the original Banks intake up... not a bad idea! Might look a little funny but I won't have to search for an expensive compatible hat from hypermax or whatever.

What did you do with the CDR?

Alwaysreadyrob

2002 7.3 POWERSTROKE 4x4
Reaction score
I have a 94 IDI Turbo.
Is the Banks Turbo with an intercooler a good upgrade ?
Do I need head stud kit first ?

renjaminfrankln

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 94 IDI Turbo.
Is the Banks Turbo with an intercooler a good upgrade ?
Do I need head stud kit first ?

I doubt it would be much of an upgrade over your stock turbo but I could be wrong. From what I understand its a very low boost non-wastegate unit. Gives a pretty significant upgrade over stock but its not a real big turbo as its designed to be used with the stock engine / injectors / fuel pump.

Tristan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I did not think about chopping the original Banks intake up... not a bad idea! Might look a little funny but I won't have to search for an expensive compatible hat from hypermax or whatever.

I mounted it to the side of my intake tube shown here. The Banks hose works too!

Tristan

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I mounted it to the side of my intake tube shown here. The Banks hose works too!

renjaminfrankln

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So yet another fuel leak has come to my attention.

I had the truck in a shop here for some new front leaf springs, shocks, tie rod ends and an alignment.

The mechanic pointed out a fuel leak on the frame rail, right around the transfer case. I’m guessing it’s a return line as I have no indications it would be sucking air from this area. (has some issues on start up but runs great after 30-40 seconds)

I was not able to crawl under there as I had to book it to the airport (work trip, get back late Friday).

What type lines/fittings are in this area? Just want to make sure I can find these parts around town this Saturday when I have some time to work on it.

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Your selector valve could be leaking, here’s a picture of the connections.

These lines aren’t conventional rubber line, they are harder and less flexible. My guess is they are a plastic/nylon mix, but they don’t usually leak unless they got prod by a stick or road debris.

renjaminfrankln

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep that would likely be my problem. I already suspect the selector valve. The previous owner told me the rear tank return leaks "from the back of the engine" when the rear tank is selected, like it gets pressurized and then leaks. I haven't had a chance to look into it.

I did look into the 38gal tank for the rear and just do away with all of the selector valve BS. Very appealing but I think i'm going to try and keep my spare tire carrier.

Tristan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You could also only run and return to the front tank and then set up a transfer pump to pump fuel from the rear tank to the front when needed.

renjaminfrankln

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You could also only run and return to the front tank and then set up a transfer pump to pump fuel from the rear tank to the front when needed.

Not a bad idea. Been thinking over it. Plumb existing fuel feed line from rear tank to a pump. But how to get it into the Front tank? Pull the pickup and drill a hole in the top of the pickup to run a line through?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7