intercooler, will it fit?

SPR1NK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an intercooler that I believe is from a 6.4 powerstroke that I can get for free, but I don't know if it will fit and work properly, has anybody done this, or know if it's possible to make it fit and work properly?

SPR1NK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I actually have a homebuilt bumper that sits a good bit further out than the stock one did, so I think it should clear there, but I wasn't sure if it was doable just because the intercooler seems to be a bit thinner than the radiator so the inlet and outlet would be right against the radiator instead of next to it, and the inlet(or outlet, not sure which) on one sure isn't straight, is at a funny angle

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
take it.put it on ebay and sell it.take the $ and by a tried and tested cxracing from ebay.

BDCarrillo

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
6.4 intercoolers are going to be full of grime and oil due to the crankcase vent design of the engine. They also had serious problems with plastic end tank separation, since they were built in a similar fashion to radiators. Speaking from experience and research as a prior 6.4 owner.

The inlet/outlet config is horrible as well... one at the driver bottom and a goofy 45 at the passenger top. The mounting is less than ideal to retrofit... two pegs into grommets on the bottom and a couple bolts halfway up each side.

SPR1NK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sell it? Are these intercoolers that bad?

This one seems to be pretty clean from what I can tell, but obviously I can't check inside very wel, are these just that bad that it's not even with the effort to try to use?

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
Radiators and Intercoolers are known issues on the 6.4's....... one of the most common issues.

If you really want to use a PSD CAC I would use a 6.0 or 7.3PSD one, or use the one suggested above.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
morerunner

Members online

No members online now.