Intercooler heavy duty testing run.

catbird7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Old chev appears to be sitin on different chassis. It would be cool if it were an F250 frame & running gear!

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Double check for boost leaks, your boost numbers are pretty low for that egt, intercooler definitely working with that intake temp, good work!

FordGuy100

Reaction score
310* outlet temp at around 10 psi, wow. I wonder what temps are when its in the 15-20 psi range :eek:

ocnorb

IDIT
Reaction score
OCNORB which heat ex changer are you running to cool the water?

You must be registered for see images attach

It's a pretty perfect fit. The holes in the back lip of the stock bumper even line up to not it up to. I can put a tape measure on it if your interested.

Last edited:

ocnorb

IDIT
Reaction score
Just before we left on our trip I tried to install the Edge EAS gauge expander so I could have EGT, ambient, boost, turbo outlet temp and post-ic temperature gauges.

For some reason I could not get them to all work.
The technical support folks at Edge are sending me a new expander after I get back from my trip. Really disappointed about that, but the tech has been really good working with me through the issue. And I mean really really, really helpful.

03wr250f

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Funny you are up in my neck of the woods. I grew up in victor, and darby was one of our local rivals. Spent tons of time at como as well.
Glad your trip is going well, my suggestion when you get back make sure to install a coolant temp gauge. it is also a very vital gauge to have.

ocnorb

IDIT
Reaction score
Funny you are up in my neck of the woods. I grew up in victor, and darby was one of our local rivals. Spent tons of time at como as well.
Glad your trip is going well, my suggestion when you get back make sure to install a coolant temp gauge. it is also a very vital gauge to have.

Awesome.

My plan is to move the turbo outlet temp sensor to read coolant temp after this experiment. Definitely good advise as the stock coolant gauge was one of my bigger worries.

ocnorb

IDIT
Reaction score
Well we made it as far north as Whitefish where we stayed with some friends for a few days. They showed us around and on Saturday we attended the Northwest Antique Power Association show. Not many pics of the old IDI because she just chugged along happily.

Oldest International motor I've ever seen running. I took a little video of it too.

ocnorb

IDIT
Reaction score

First time I've seen a running steam tractor too. Pretty neat to watch the guys keep it running. All of these tractors made a lap during the parade. Not just pretty paint jobs.

03wr250f

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im just gonna toot my horn, but isnt montana amazing. I have gotten so spoiled growing up, because that is just normal for me the veiw, and all the cool antiques

ocnorb

IDIT
Reaction score
im just gonna toot my horn, but isnt montana amazing. I have gotten so spoiled growing up, because that is just normal for me the veiw, and all the cool antiques

Toot away!

It's unbelievable how different the forests are up here. A lot more greenery everywhere. Our forests are nice, but definitely high-desert and not as lush. It's kinda hard to head back south...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online