Inlet size on old ATS turbo?

SKimballC

Reaction score
Anyone know offhand the exact size of the inlet side from the filter box is on the old non-wastegated ATS's? I am thinking about getting rid of the filter box and running a differnet set-up. I'd rather wait til it's less cold and wet to get out there and take it off and measure.
Thanks.

metrojd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Me too

Shane,
Well What is it????:confused:
I am interested also.
I have a project going on also.
Thanks
John

SKimballC

Reaction score
Its 2.75". I need to find a 3" to 2.75" reducing coupler. Granted, I haven't really LOOKED for one yet, but while I was in Autozone last night I saw that they don't have one which isn't surprising cuz they don't have s#!%. I looked back at Recklund's IC install pics from a lil while back, and he used one for his pipe from the filter. Ryan, if you're out there, where'd you get that?

metrojd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
E Bay

I bought some of those intercooler type couplers.
Do a search intercooler coupler or turbo coupler.
Thanks
John

reklund

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its 2.75". I need to find a 3" to 2.75" reducing coupler. Granted, I haven't really LOOKED for one yet, but while I was in Autozone last night I saw that they don't have one which isn't surprising cuz they don't have s#!%. I looked back at Recklund's IC install pics from a lil while back, and he used one for his pipe from the filter. Ryan, if you're out there, where'd you get that?

I got mine from turbohoses.com

I've also seen 'em on eBay, but the shipping is sometimes silly expensive for an $8.00 part... Oh, and that pipe my filter is mounted to is actually a old body style PSD exhaust downpipe with the flange cut off...it seems to fit just right ;p

whatchugot cookin on your truck???

Ryan

SKimballC

Reaction score
whatchugot cookin on your truck???

Ryan

ATS filter box elimination. For reasons I can't eloquently articulate, I hate it. I've had 2 of these things, and though they're not as much of a ***** as the old Banks boxes, I have never liked them. They're big and ugly and in the way. Plus I broke one of the clamps the other day and the rest of 'em :smash: aren't far behind. I figger its RDT time too.
Thanks for the links fellas. Airflo has what I am looking for.
Ryan, how you like that AEM dryflow filter?

SKimballC

Reaction score
No, besides, its just the filter box I am gonna try taking off, not the whole turbo. That certainly stays.

SKimballC

Reaction score
I got some stuff in from Airflow today so I braved the cold and rigged up an intake to replace the old ATS box that had a K&N in it. I ended up with a nice 3" intake with a section of it that I adapted the CDR back into. A 9" long AEM DryFlow filter sits on the end. It looks pretty good, and the truck felt good while out being family delivery man around town. The thing is definately flowing more air than the old setup ;Sweet and its just what the doctor ordered to compliment the extra flat I gave the IP a couple weekends ago. I will post some pics if/when I find the damned camera.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7