injector pump

m8094538

Reaction score
i was wondering if you guys could tell me where to find a good rebuilt injector pump for my 86. i finally got some cash together so im in the market and need to get my truck back on the road soon. found a few on ebay but ive heard they just replace the one thing that wore out and slap it back together and as this is my only form of transportation i dont wanna deal with getting an unreliable pump. thanks in advance

MUDKICKR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you will find out that you get what you pay for. if it was me, i would get ahold of mel and get a jr moose pump, unless you have a turbo, then id get the reg. moose pump. his screen name in "AGNEM" just pm him and see what it will take.

93iditurbo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if u have the money i would definetly go for a moose pump, but if your like me and cant afford one, Pennsicola Diesel.com has a pretty cheap rebuild pump.

BrandonMag

Dana 50 rebuilder
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Slade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you will find out that you get what you pay for. if it was me, i would get ahold of mel and get a jr moose pump, unless you have a turbo, then id get the reg. moose pump. his screen name in "AGNEM" just pm him and see what it will take.

I'm running Mel's Baby Moose rebuild on my '94 turbo and it's plenty big enough with BB injectors. It will save you some money over his high performance pumps.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
m8094538, fnally got a chance to answer your PM.

m8094538

Reaction score
so i ordered my pump last night and i just wanted to thank everyone for the quick replys. i decided to just go with one from pennsicola for now being as i couldnt afford the moose right now, but they didnt need mine as a core so in a few months after i get my bills caught up and some cash back in the bank im gonna send mine out to mel and get the injectors too. i know this'll cost more in the end but right now money is tight and i need the truck asap.

m8094538

Reaction score
Yea I'm praying I get a good pump. Like I said I only really need six months out of it and ill be upgrading to a moose pump. Now the fun part is gonna be trying to change the
pump I have. Never done it before and I'm just hoping it goes smoother than when I put my injectors in, took me three days to get them to quit leaking

itsacrazyasian

residentcrazyasian
Reaction score
I personally think the pump is easy to do on these trucks. the GM diesels are a pita. especially since you need a scanner to time the thing.

friend of mine had a 6.5 diesel, 3 pumps later from Pensacola.

when i needed a pump for my Suburban, i bought it from the dealer, they had the best price on a new pump. Weird huh!

vegas39

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is also a place in Arizona that has reasonable deals on our pumps, seen them on ebay a few times.

Michael Fowler

Reaction score
Now the fun part is gonna be trying to change the
pump I have. Never done it before and I'm just hoping it goes smoother than when I put my injectors in, took me three days to get them to quit leaking

Changing the pump is not difficult, unless you make it so.
READ READ READ everything you can find in the tech section before you do anything.
DO NOT REMOVE THE PUMP ATTACHED TO THE SEMI-CIRCULAR COVER ON TOP OF THE ENGINE!!!!

First time I swapped IPs, I think it took about 2-3 hours. Second time it was less than an hour.
Read the tech articles before removing anything!

vegas39

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Changing the pump is not difficult, unless you make it so.
READ READ READ everything you can find in the tech section before you do anything.
DO NOT REMOVE THE PUMP ATTACHED TO THE SEMI-CIRCULAR COVER ON TOP OF THE ENGINE!!!!

First time I swapped IPs, I think it took about 2-3 hours. Second time it was less than an hour.
Read the tech articles before removing anything!

Some people like to remove the lines while the pump is on the truck, I find it easier to lift everything out as one piece.

Only problem I found, is the clearence is tight trying to move the pump back far enough to get it out. I solved this by pulling the pump back a little and removing the top pump mounting stud, it gives just enough room to pull it out.
Dont stress, it really is an easy job.

seawalkersee

It needs a turbo...
Reaction score
I pulled the inlet line and did it in about an hour and a half.

SWS

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle