Injector lines

mikedean

Reaction score
Yeah I think length will have a minimal effect on timing. The I.D. of the tube may be more of an effect, along with the pop off pressure of the injector it runs to. I took a ride around to a few hydraulic shops and none of them had a nut that would fit the OEM tube I have. I was going to patch it together until I got the new set in the mail but it looks like it will have to sit.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I broke a line on cylinder number 4 once because I didn't replace the line dampners... Cost me almost $400.00 at the dealership way back when I didn't know what I was doing. I thought I could fix the broken line so I tried to find the compression fitting on the line... Nope... There isn't one. It made into the line and no compression fitting is on the market. I even used some die check penatrant looking for a line that would show this as a slipon fitting... Nope... Its all one line and fitting. The tooling must really be neet that makes these lines... Wonder how much longer they will be made seeing how several parts for our motor are no longer made... Like the blocks...:eek:

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am not sure, but I hope these are not one-off type fittings, and that they are commonly used on most all the older diesel engines, thus hopefully we can still get them made. Someone with more knowledge about this might chime in.

I tried the brass compression sleeve myself during my emergency. The od of the line is 1/4". But it only lasted about 5 miles, and I really could not get it very tight with the wrenches I had.

fx4wannabe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
These lines are under 1800 psi or something like that so a patch job is not a safe or lasting option. Find ya a good used set or buy new ones. I can get new ones here at the local shop for $43.18 a piece.

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
These lines are under 1800 psi or something like that so a patch job is not a safe or lasting option. Find ya a good used set or buy new ones. I can get new ones here at the local shop for $43.18 a piece.

factory turbo are under 2200psi:sly i just sold 2 sets of injector lines for 75 dollars you will pay 50 dollars for one line most places