Injector issues

Optikalillushun

Reaction score
Recieved my injectors from Pensacola diesel off ebay. took them out of the plastic and looked them over real good. first one i took out i saw a stamp "G" on it. awsome! but wait, whats that? i looked closer and saw what looked like light stamping of an "E" with the "G" stamped over it.

so i looked on the body and found this:

Stanadyne 10-90
made in italy

Hrm...perhaps i didnt get "G" code injectors as i thought. so i checked the rest and found another one like that but it looked like a "D" with a "G" over it and a different date?. the other 6 were ok, with dates? of 93 or 94...if that is what that means.

so did i get a hose job? these were re-man'd injectors, rebuilt by them and pop tested to 1850-1925 psi each (i forget what the exact number was).

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think you got screwed. Once an injector is rebuilt the only trelevant thing is what sort of internals the rebuilder did. Still I'd have them pop tested and checked for spray pattern if you have a competent shop nearby. Would be a good idea to see what you have. As long as they're good in spray pattern and close to each other in pop pressure I'd throw them in.

Optikalillushun

Reaction score
that eases my mind a bit. on the phone they didnt seem like ********, so i was just curious.

thats a big negative on getting them pop tested, all the shops i called dont do it or said we dont work on those old engines. even my old job doesnt, so ill take thier word for it.

BTW, i paid $129.00 with free shipping for them :-D

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I thought the "G" code injectors pop off pressure was up around 2150..... Yes, after someone has rebuilt them the stamp on them over what they may have been originally is what they should be. I feel you got the "G" injectors. Now if they were all new injectors... Well then I'd say they sold you something they "made up and shipped to you" by just stamping over something in the parts bin because G is what you wanted. Good price too..

Optikalillushun

Reaction score
i actually dont remember the pop off pressure. im going to email them back and ask.

hopefully i can get them in tomorrow, throw on a new fuel fitler, get it buttoned up and run it to see how it is before i take it out for a ride.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pop off presures don't seem to last a long time. I've never tried to figure it out scientifically, but I'd bet after 10,000 miles, whatever the pop presure was, it's dropped a good bit. The different letter codes are all fairly close to each other, and I doubt any of them hold their tolerance very long.

Optikalillushun

Reaction score
it'll take some time for me to drive 10,000 miles. i bought it last august and put maybe 3,000 on it.

my 93 F-150 i bought with 71,000 miles 6 yrs ago and only have 107,000 miles.