injector build

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
english is what i was worst at, i dont see the point in the profession i plan on going into i have no idea why i needed that crap all it caused me to do was get crappy grades, and still not understand the teacher, i can read fine and i can write fine, but i see no sense in typing/writing this perfect little letter or messege or whatever with all the little commas and puntuation and stuff, i mean i try my best to make it were people can understande it, maybe its part of living in tennessee:dunno

97idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
english is what i was worst at, i dont see the point in the profession i plan on going into i have no idea why i needed that crap all it caused me to do was get crappy grades, and still not understand the teacher, i can read fine and i can write fine, but i see no sense in typing/writing this perfect little letter or messege or whatever with all the little commas and puntuation and stuff, i mean i try my best to make it were people can understande it, maybe its part of living in tennessee:dunno

same! but what ever iam gona keep typing like i always do, someone also complained about me being in CAPS LOCK ALL THE TIME BECAUSE THEY THOUGHT I WAS YELLING, just makes me laugh a little it reminds me of when i was growing up my neighbor tryed to tell me ware i could keep things in my own yard because he doesent want people to c it when the come over, i didnt tell him how to keep his thingsLOL

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good habits are easy to keep. Not only that, but if you practice here all the time, you'll end up attracting that intelligent babe you've been ogling on-line, rather than getting stuck with some dumb ****. LOL

Rot Box

Northern Utah
Reaction score
I am interested in seeing where this goes. I'm no injector expert, but back in the day I was considering some 40hp injectors for my 6.5TD. They were essentially a "higher pop" design and people I had talked to (not salesmen) swore by them claiming 40hp was a real gain and not hype. The 6.5's are an IDI design...

even 40 extra hp would be very nice! ;Sweet

live with an 'intelligent" babe long enough and you'll start to really appreciate dumb ***** though!

:rotflmao LOL! So true!

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
So... How about an upadte to all this. I'm about to shim after I pop test my typ4 BB codes. I'll probably be setting them for 1800lb or 1850lb... Maybe 1875lbs....:dunno Just depends on what the highest pressure I find that I need to work with... Shims are really the decideing facter here. I have an assortment from .002... .003.... .004.... .005... .007... .009... .010... & .030

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
icanfixall where you get youre shims? im finally able to finish the pop injector i started a while ago

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I have many injectors that I liberated them from... They are mostly out of G codes. Some have several shims in them. Just make sure you have a zero to one micrometer so you can tell how thick they are. Then finding a tiny "place" to store all the differant sizes... No telling what size shim you may need to make a certain pop pressure. I do know this about stacking shims. You don't want to have ten shims that are each one thousands thick to make up a ten thousands need. Use a single ten thousands shim. Stacking shims and you will get a soft build no matter how clean you keep things.....

seawalkersee

It needs a turbo...
Reaction score
Why are you going with lower than the 1950-2000 psi that is called for? Is it better to go that route or what?

The injectors I pulled out of my old engine had multiple shims in some of them. I only took apart 4 (I think), and two of them had 2 or 3 shims.

SWS