injection pump

chrisgrant91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it seems like my ip has a screach or a squeal to it when i rev it up high and let off or hold it against the governer and shuting it off.... like squeals but against the governer it squeals pretty good... its not the belts ive tryed pouring water on them as im doing it and belt dressing... pretty sure its the ip

GenLightening

Yeah, it's a CHEVY!
Reaction score
it seems like my ip has a screach or a squeal to it when i rev it up high and let off or hold it against the governer and shuting it off.... like squeals but against the governer it squeals pretty good... its not the belts ive tryed pouring water on them as im doing it and belt dressing... pretty sure its the ip

It's screaming "Uncle"? :rotflmao

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You could disconnect the belts temporarily to prove it beyond doubt. Perhaps it'b better just to avoid the govenor? :dunno

chrisgrant91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i dont know what ulsd means... but it does it even if you jsut bump the throttle it kinda churps... i know everything i say sounds like the belts

zpd307

Reaction score
ulsd= ultra low sulfer diesel. the new diesel that was mandated for use in 07, the stuff that costs more and gives less mpg's. this stuff doesnt have as much lubrication properties as the old diesel which is needed because the diesel fuel lubricates the injection pump as it passes through. there are additives to help with that now, but..... which one will start a big debate.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
i dont know what ulsd means... but it does it even if you jsut bump the throttle it kinda churps... i know everything i say sounds like the belts

ULSD stands for Ultra low sulfur diesel. Sulfur used to be 500 ppm (parts per million) in diesel, now its 15ppm. Its the consensus of many that sulfur is a lubricating agent in diesel, and when they take it out, older trucks like ours that were originally designed for diesel's with higher sulfur ratings take a beating cause of less lubricity.

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
yea start pulling belts and see where the noise goes away. bad bearings can cause sounds like you descibe. could be bad alternator/water pump/vacume pump/power steering pump/idler bearings.

i could be wrong but i have never heard of an injection pump squeal.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online