Injection pump ? Auto Vs. Manual trans

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Yes.. And yes there is a differance... On the drivers side of the pump there is a shaft that turns as you increase the fuel which in turn increases the rpm... On the standard trans injection pumps there is a small roll pin thru that shaft. Thats all the differances. You just remove that pin and you can install the E4OD tps switch with its connecter and you have what you need. I'm not familiar with that side on the C6 trans but I do know the VVR is located on the same shaft.

goatwrangler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes.. And yes there is a differance... On the drivers side of the pump there is a shaft that turns as you increase the fuel which in turn increases the rpm... On the standard trans injection pumps there is a small roll pin thru that shaft. Thats all the differances. You just remove that pin and you can install the E4OD tps switch with its connecter and you have what you need. I'm not familiar with that side on the C6 trans but I do know the VVR is located on the same shaft.

i have the 5 speed so i shouldnt have to do this correct ?

Thanks for everyones input

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have the 5 speed so i shouldnt have to do this correct ?
If the IP comes with the TPS for the automatic trans you can either remove it, or just leave it unplugged. Just so you know, the bolts that hold the TPS bracket to the IP body like to seize up there, so you may not be able to remove it at all... Either way, your truck will run just fine with this IP.

goatwrangler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok thank you. i found it on ebay for 50 with shipping currently but it has two days left. i thought about trying to get this pump and use it as a core for a MOOSE pump. this way i wont have very much down time.