In case of EMP

carsonlhammond

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This Roosa Master parts diagram from the early 70’s,
has pump diagrams and part #’s that might work for manual fuel shut off option for our pumps?

https://www.stanadyne.com/dealerportal/ssi/Allis Chalmers/02767.pdf

I’ve been looking around at this stuff too as I have a pump or two lying around to test it on... now if only someone with more experience on pumps would chime in. I’m gonna go look at every piece of equipment on our ranch that has a diesel as most have these pumps, and see if one has a top hat that’s close.

electrabishi

Reaction score
Also since ima noob here, maybe someone can tell me if there is a thread that addresses this. I got a 1996 crew cab frame that had a 7.3 PSD and E40D and I want to drop in a 6.9L with a C6. I know the motor mounts work between the two. The C6 is just over half a foot shorter which means I need to move the tranny cross member forward some amount. The frame has some holes that might match the cross member in it already that are just about half a foot forward of where the cross member is mounted. Does anyone know if those holes were for the same diesel with a C6, or a 460 with some other tranny? It would be so awesome if all I had to do was unbolt the cross member and move it forward to convert to a C6.

I figured it out. The extra (forward) holes in the 1993 frame are for an engine with a C6. But you have to have the C6 cross member out of the donor vehicle. The forward holes do not line up for the E4OD cross member, but they do for the C6 cross member. :)

PROFG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seems more hidden way to prevent running is hidden NC solenoid valve in fuel return line wired to something weird (cig lighter?). Will start for couple seconds and die, over and over again. Also faster to stop runaway than going for manual shutoff. More in store for Teddy but window riot shields come first (glass rolled down of course). Any one really wanting my IDI that knows how they work will come with battery, fuel can w 12vpump, clip leads w remote switch, hose cutter (knife) and hose clamps. But we're not worried about US, right?

chris142

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After modifying the pump. Park on a hill. When you want to start it give it a snort of either. Put it in gear and let it roll.

chris142

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just replace the top hat of the pump with one already setup for a manual shutoff, plenty of ag use db2s and dm2s that were setup this way
My 1962 Peterbilt had a 280 Cummins. It's PT pump had a knob you could turn that would allow it to run w/o any voltage to the pump

Oldfrogdiving

Reaction score
This is an interesting thread! im kinda new here and typically just researching failures but ill drop my .02.
So in the late 90s I was working for SAIC as a contractor our primary task was CTBTO monitoring, my job was supporting the hydroaccoustic cables as a diver, but i got to do lots of cool gigs. One such gig was out at Nevada test site testing EMP proof vehicles, My job was to support. I have no engineering background. We had 20 vehicles mostly newer military 5tons, Humvees, powercarts, and similar we also had from somewhere an old M38 (mid 60s) a 70 225 crewcab W200, a Ford box truck with an IDI, and a F350 mid 90s powerstroke and a couple of chevy milrated C30 type rigs mostly 6.2's. They had a machine in a connex box that had some crazy ass Frankenstein looking antenna(s), and a barrier around it. It was quite controlled testing with a bunch of guys in hardhats and white button shirts. They would pulse the vehicles with (im guessing here, cuz they did it at night after we cleared out and we would check stuff next day) the connex box had a big mil gen set with some really long power cables. Long story short we totally fried the hertz rental suburban we had. the older rigs succumb to some minor failures, mostly fried points condenser's and alternator/voltage regulators, mil vics no issues except one of the older power carts that had a pinto gas motor in it. I dont remember all the details it was just a boondoggle for me, the one thing I had to do was drive big ground rods down and attach em to the frames with a 1.0aught ground cable. That seemed to be the ticket. I loved bombing around in that Jeep and the old crewcab W200. And I still wonder what the Hertz mechanics thought when they had a suburban with absolutely every component fried. My take away from talking to some of the hard hat dudes was stash your set(s) of critical components in microwaves (faraday cage) and ground your vehicle when you park it.

Oog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Look for a 94-97 dodge with the 5.9 cummins.

I had a 4x4 5spd that I started and drove with no batteries. They're already set up for a mechanical fss.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7

Members online