I'm going to be in town

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Ok IDI'ers... Although I not currently a IDI'er but have been in the past I thought I would let the basement folks know that I'm going to be in the Washington DC area (Silver Springs to be exact) on the night of Dec 31st. I'm going to be picking up some parts from another member on here.

This is power trip of sorts - meaning we are leaving on Saturday morning from here in Fort Wayne then will stay the night in DC area, then hoof it back to the Fort on Sunday.

I have gotten some emails from folks on STD from a comment I made in a post about me coming out and so I figured I would make an offical post about it to see who all would like to get together for supper that evening. Now because of it being New Years Eve we will avoid all bars but I'm thinking some type of sit down place that is not overly expensive but not McDonalds if you know what I mean.

So who is game? I know I will be there.

It will be myself and a buddy of mine (Aaron) he is a Diesel Fuel Powertrain Electrical Engineer with Delphi Automotive Systems so I'm sure the conversations could get interesting

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
Travis if you going past our way we could hook up for a meal or something along your trip. Russ

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
ARGVE said:
It will be myself and a buddy of mine (Aaron) he is a Diesel Fuel Powertrain Electrical Engineer with Delphi Automotive Systems so I'm sure the conversations could get interesting

:hail ;Sweet

Ya know Travis...Neckville ain't too far :Sly

However...Me and WW will be visiting NJKen up in Joisey over New Years :eek: :drunk: LOL

We will be on the road....I-95 nort thurs evening after 10pm...guess our paths will not cross this time......

STAY SAFE! ;Sweet

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Gary,

You'll be about the right spot for a butt break. I still have your phone number (cell) so I'll give you a jingle when we get close to your area.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man, wish is was a night other than new years eve. I gotta work, until it would be too late. Would be cool to see you guys.

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
argve said:
Frank

That would be cool if you can make it...

As long as he takes a night away from sharing a DQ Blizzard with Santa and his neighbors. :rotflmao :rotflmao :rotflmao

soulpatchfr

goat herder
Reaction score
Agnem said:
Man, wish is was a night other than new years eve. I gotta work, until it would be too late. Would be cool to see you guys.
it'd be great to finally meet the 2 of you together. i'll be planning on the '06 meet...

i'll be working too, but that may not preclude me from making it :thumbsup:
a little over 200 miles, 3.5 hours - what time & where are you thinking of? i may be able to slide out early ;Really
of course i'd just be some geek taking notes, but i'd still like to try to make it.

soulpatchfr

goat herder
Reaction score
Dsl_Dog_Catcher said:
As long as he takes a night away from sharing a DQ Blizzard with Santa and his neighbors. :rotflmao :rotflmao :rotflmao
oh - and doggie - don't make me open up a can :backoff
actually, he just brought me a case of budlight :drunk: for no reason :confused: no, not black santa - the neighbor. a little cold for ice cream, so lately it's been HOT Krispy Kreme donuts :love: when the munchies kick in...

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
ok boys got my hotel via priceline I'm staying at
Homestead Studio Suites Germantown
20141 Century Boulevard
Germantown, Maryland 20874
301-515-4500

I'm sure there is something close by in the way of resturants.

Mapquest says it's 9 hours of driving (now I will say we are looking at 10-11 because of the time of year - snow/ice possiblities). I plan on being at the hotel around 4-6 pm.

My cell number is 260.602.9371

I'm looking forward to meeting up with all of you.

So let's get a head count of who is going to be there - just for the sake of it. I need to get in contact with Charlie (landscapeman) since I know he lives in the area.