If two is good then four might be better!

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did a little rough photo editing and came up with this
I am still undecided just throwing around ideas...........whatcha think?
The truck will look much diffenent with the new bed also so it is hard to decide at this point.
I was about to do #3 (two stack on the right side of the bed) with my jacked-up '78 f150, but it would be 2.5" pipes as it was a gasser (even tho a big block) and I think 4" and stacks look retarded on anything that is not a crew-cab dually (and 5" stacks look retarded on anything that is not a big commerial truck, or at least a Kodiak or F650). But I never went ahead with that plan as I traded the truck for my current oil-burner. For your truck I'd do two 3" on the right side of the bed, with the biggest downpipe you can run off the turbo, 4" maybe?

sootman73

Reaction score
well the unstated rule is that you cant put stacks on a gasser.;Really :backoff its like a commandment or sumthin!:angel: :angel: :yell:

flatlander

plays dirty when losing
Reaction score
Consider this. If you don't someone else will and then you'll just be a follower, not a leader.

Do it.

greythorn3

wheelordie.com
Reaction score
he could be the first to paint his truck like a rainbow flag too i bet, but that doesnt mean he should do it!cookoo

Ray

93turbo_animal

Reaction score
I'm thinking I would pass LOL but hey whatever floats you boat although I kinda like the twin stacks on one side but I would put them right next to each other no gap. It kinda reminds me of some of the old cabovers I've seen air inlet on one side stacks on the other

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well the unstated rule is that you cant put stacks on a gasser.;Really :backoff its like a commandment or sumthin!:angel: :angel: :yell:

Well considering some run stacks bigger than what 18-wheelers have at half their displacement, then I guess what I had was technically not stacks, but a regular true-dual exhaust with over-the-cab exits ;Really It did look pretty sweet on that particular truck tho, you know you got something right when some hardcore Ford guys and even ricers compliment your Chevy ;Sweet Same exhaust on my '78 F150 would look like crap, it would be also be entirely ridiculous if installed in a long bed and/or fleetside Chevy. Anyhow, like I said, on his truck, no more than 3" stacks if side to side, no more than 4" if single, and a big hell no to 5" single or god forbid dual cookoo

Diezel_Cowboy

It's not like a real ***!
Reaction score
First of all thanks for all the comments guys..........good,bad, and the uglyLOL

I think im gonna keep what ive got and have the pipe in the bed made from aluminum so it matches the new bed.

I know im not the first to have the idea of multiple stacks but i havent seen any pickup trucks with them running around. I imagine that there was a day not too long ago that any stacks at all was unheard of on a pickup truck.
I actually got the idea from a video game where i first saw it and it looked different but good on a semi truck.