If it were your truck...

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All that stuff does for looks if add some brown stains down the side of your truck after the 1st winter :puke:

Trust me on that one ;Really
I can think of one good use for body moulding...if you live in an urban area and park in parking lots on a regular basis, when the jerk who parked too close next to you slams his door into the side of your truck, his door's hitting/damaging your body moulding and NOT your paint.

Also, if it's strategically placed, I imagine that the moulding can hide the tape lines :angel:

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
I can think of one good use for body moulding...if you live in an urban area and park in parking lots on a regular basis, when the jerk who parked too close next to you slams his door into the side of your truck, his door's hitting/damaging your body moulding and NOT your paint.

Also, if it's strategically placed, I imagine that the moulding can hide the tape lines :angel:

For some reason people at school like to hit my mirrors and move them so the are pointed up at the sky.-cuss

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
I had the bed side painted a couple of years ago. Not sure where the body shop got their supplies, but I have a little piece of the pin stripe, and the part numbers on it are as follows...BDY RR CNR PNL LWR RH F5TB-1829006-AA Hope this helps in finding any pin stripping.

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For some reason people at school like to hit my mirrors and move them so the are pointed up at the sky.-cuss
I get people doing that to my truck all the time...I think it's kids who think it's funny :rolleyes: or it's the same lady who keeps threatening to call the cops every time I park my truck within sight of one of her windows -cuss -cuss -cuss

Makes me wish it were possible to retrofit power-adjust mirrors to the 7x10 wide-mount brackets...

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
I get people doing that to my truck all the time...I think it's kids who think it's funny :rolleyes: or it's the same lady who keeps threatening to call the cops every time I park my truck within sight of one of her windows -cuss -cuss -cuss

Makes me wish it were possible to retrofit power-adjust mirrors to the 7x10 wide-mount brackets...

In my case i don't think it is on purpose. just tight parking and when the get out of their car they walk by and their backpack hits the mirror. the first time it happened i came out to a broken mirror-cuss. i saw the kid who did it and we had a nice stare down while he drove off.:backoff

MidnightBlade

Shiftin' Smooth
Reaction score
I gotta hear an explanation on this. I have had several trucks with the molding and not ONE truck had brown stains

Really? Mine sure did
Look at all that putty covering the "aftermath" :rolleyes:
You must be registered for see images attach

What it looked like right before we painted it

And, of course, what it would have looked like with out the moulding

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
So what is under the putty? RUST? And you "fixed" it with putty?cookoo

The stick on molding had nothing to do with the rust. The lack of cleaning DID

Danoflapper

Reaction score
My moulding never caused any rust. However the doors rusted around the mirror mounts which caused some brown streak action. When I took the moulding strips off, it was a major PITA to remove the adhesive tape until I got wise and invested in a rubber eraser wheel. = awesome.

Yer truck looks good!

lynch

little stinker
Reaction score
Just do what I am doing with the inside... I have the gray and I am replacing with saddle tan and king ranch seats.....as for the outside put a ranch hand brushguard on it, strait pipes with stacks or tip, leave the nerf bars on, get smoked head lights and tail lights, headach rack, chrome bed caps, tint the windows, jet black and silver with rino liner on the bottom,and put running lights on the bottom of cab.... I am in the process of doing all of this stuff to my truck and I am 80% there just takes time and u always getting ideas just give it time

lynch

little stinker
Reaction score
Can post before and after pics if u would like to just not all of it's done like the lights and stuff haha

lynch

little stinker
Reaction score
Have you gotten KR seats yet?

No i havent yet. Had other thing come up and it **** the money i was saving for it:mad: I am hoping to start on the inside this winter tho just have to find a good deal on them and that might take awile to get them but that is the plan ;Sweet

lynch

little stinker
Reaction score
this is the before and after pic of her lol the only thing left is the inside and the lights...puting the visor on it sometime this week or next week;Sweet

Attachments

• 76486_176007059081569_100000168287063_656405_3557885_n[1].jpg
    76486_176007059081569_100000168287063_656405_3557885_n[1].jpg
    110 KB · Views: 7
  • 166959_284414384915788_100000416855979_1049778_1411436415_n[1].jpg
    166959_284414384915788_100000416855979_1049778_1411436415_n[1].jpg
    65 KB · Views: 9

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
No i havent yet. Had other thing come up and it **** the money i was saving for it:mad: I am hoping to start on the inside this winter tho just have to find a good deal on them and that might take awile to get them but that is the plan ;Sweet

You do realize what king ranch seats go for , right?
$1000+

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online