IDI to 12v pics

SD70Ace

Big yellow Diesels
Reaction score
Anybody got pics of their IDI to 12v swaps? Intercooled ones. Especially to turbo side. In the process of stabbing mines as we speak. Running into some difficulty there.

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anybody got pics of their IDI to 12v swaps? Intercooled ones. Especially to turbo side. In the process of stabbing mines as we speak. Running into some difficulty there.
What exactly is the problem? Is the turbo getting too close to the HVAC box? You might need to flip the manifold if you haven't already. If the problem''s something else, what is it? :) As to the intercooler, assuming you're doing this on your '86 (although this pertains to any '80-'86 truck), getting the IC installed is going to be an adventure. You might want to do a search for Heath Sutton's posts about how he handled adding an intercooler to his '86 crew-cab.

This should be in the 12v or conversion section.
With all due respect, it's worth noting that the other forums on this site receive hardly any traffic compared to the IDI forum. He could well go weeks before getting any sort of reply on any of the other boards, so for visibility's sake, I don't blame him for posting here. That, coupled with the fact that this pertains to an '86, makes me think this is the best place for it at the moment. A mod may disagree, though...

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
With all due respect, it's worth noting that the other forums on this site receive hardly any traffic compared to the IDI forum. He could well go weeks before getting any sort of reply on any of the other boards, so for visibility's sake, I don't blame him for posting here. That, coupled with the fact that this pertains to an '86, makes me think this is the best place for it at the moment. A mod may disagree, though...
True. I guess I forgot about that.
For all I know, he may have already posted it there. I usually look for new threads under different sections also though.
I was just thinking for the sake of future people looking for the same info.

But I do know that the fummins guys frequent the idi section.

And to the OP, I wasn't trying to be a dïçk.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I certainly do disagree.
there's a reason why there's a conversion section. It's to keep the violence down from the anti-Cummins camp. Do me a favor and look down there.;Sweet

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
I certainly do disagree.
there's a reason why there's a conversion section. It's to keep the violence down from the anti-Cummins camp. Do me a favor and look down there.;Sweet

Calvin, there is an ANTI cummins group?! :shocked:

From browsing on Youtube, I thought that the cure to ALL truck problems was to install a Cummins....even if it's not engine related?! LOL

I am just yanking yer chain. I am in the process of gathering parts to do a 12V swap in a 1995 CCLB myself, I couldn't help but pick!

To the OP.

Do you have any pictures of your install so far? Start a new thread in the swap forum. I am SURE that will attract attention...positive attention.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Calvin, there is an ANTI cummins group?! :shocked:

From browsing on Youtube, I thought that the cure to ALL truck problems was to install a Cummins....even if it's not engine related?! LOL

I am just yanking yer chain. I am in the process of gathering parts to do a 12V swap in a 1995 CCLB myself, I couldn't help but pick!

To the OP.

Do you have any pictures of your install so far? Start a new thread in the swap forum. I am SURE that will attract attention...positive attention.
goofy-
i too have a stash of "C" parts.
i got enough static from the IH idi hardcore when cummins talk started up around here and that's the reason why we have the "diesel conversion" section. it's actually looked though more often than people give it credit for.

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
I certainly do disagree.

Anti Cummins Group,,..Never heard of them,..

In fact, Take a look at the joy on peoples faces when they see a Cummins in a Ford:

You must be registered for see images attach

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
What was the cost of those schills smileing for you Darrin... sure looks like a posed pic......:eek::rotflmao:hail:D Actually thats a great pic of people with like minds admiring something nice.. Not something daddy bought for me so I can show it off to the others ....

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
It's to keep the violence down from the anti-Cummins camp. Do me a favor and look down there.
Is there a sticker/badge I can get from said group??? Just kidding LOL
I'm not exactly against the big C, I just hate Dodge's. And all the cummins fanboys who think you and your truck are a worthless sack of shiat because you don't drive a cummins.
I've sent many of them packing because they got butt hurt in a discussion.
Like one dipstick told me his 12v with a 70hp chip would smoke any duramax or powerstroke. Explain to me how you can chip a mechanical pump? Lol
End rant.

purg113

new to me f350
Reaction score
:idiot:okay if you can get 70hp from a chip then my pump should have 200+ hp it has 3 or 4 chips in it thanks to father inlaw with hammer.:smash:
:rotflmao

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
I roll over laughing in a pool of ***** everytime I popped the hood and some kid was like "you should chip that, it'll be WAY faster"

I had to stop myself from punching little know it all in the forehead...they think ALL diesel engines in ford trucks are PSD's.

90% of them can't understand the principal of a MECHANICAL engine. No electronics!!