IDI Resurrection

redneckaggie

rebel w/o a cause
Reaction score
understand that but the turbo can wait to be rebuilt but the studs are way easier with the engine out and will cost you more due to the ruined gaskets later

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What a great project! Only this many days left before it has to be done!! :) \\\\\\\\look below////////

freebird01

Post Turtle!
Reaction score
Knowing the turbo needs rebuilt now im not sure....and i really should be doing studs and headgaskets too

freebird01

Post Turtle!
Reaction score
yea but what fun is that lol...

anyway...now im on the hedge with what i want to do...my bronco is gone and the money from that is getting put into the 88. its not much but its a start. im deff getting a set of ubolts and king pin rebuild kits. this will at least get my axles under the truck...and im getting a set of poly body mounts so i can start on the cab and get that on the frame and off my trailer.

i was also going to get a clutch but i think i may put that on hold and put that into the engine in the form of gaskets and studs....

freebird01

Post Turtle!
Reaction score
not much of an update....more teardown on the engine...ill post a pic or two later... but just ordered new ubolts, 2 kingpin rebuild kits (for my D60) and a poly body mount kit for the cab and front clip.

freebird01

Post Turtle!
Reaction score
ok time for a couple of pics....so much for a clean garage lol

You must be registered for see images attach

i also called around for some SEM rust shield. turns out no one has it. I've used POR but id like to try the SEM stuff. POR is about $120/gallon. SEM should be half the cost and it passed the same 1000 hour salt spray test that POR and Eastwoods stuff has. then its time to start cleaning the frame up and paint. once my kingpin kits get here i will also be workin on puttin a D60 under my frame.

i also finally took the time to install the hitch that dieselcrawler gave me for my 86 F150.

this is the truck i picked up to use while im rebuilding my diesel. nothing special...an 86 f150 w/ 302 and now a 4spd and a 4" lift. the PO made a rats nest out of the wiring...screwed up the factory a/c....and lost the original fuel injection for a carb....its a work in progress lol

Last edited:

freebird01

Post Turtle!
Reaction score
not much to tell today...

after 4 cans of oven cleaner...a bucket of dawn dish soap and a scrub brush its mostly clean.

then ran south a bit to meet up with Jred to borrow a sandblaster...and when i went to meet him at lunch i razzed him about ignoring my texts (which he never got) and about got my rear beat by half a dozen of his air force buddies thinking i was giving him a hard time...(well maybe that's a bit of an exaggeration lol)

then till i got around to getting sand and new nozzles for the blaster i didnt get home till 3:30.

got the frame moved and started pulling out the axles. tomorrow ill finish removing the front axle... finish cleaning the frame and hopefully paint

freebird01

Post Turtle!
Reaction score
i started the day around 9:30 by finishing pulling the front axle and almost dropping the frame on myself...

after sandblasting...and wire wheeing i now have a painted frame

i also have these to use....ubolts...kingpin rebuild kits and body bushings

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
Wow that looks really nice, now comes the fun part of putting it back together!

O and we tried not to beat you up to bad, LOL

freebird01

Post Turtle!
Reaction score
not much got done this weekend. my father in law kept me busy yesterday and today I had some orders to fill before i could get to my own stuff. but i did manage to get the F350 factory front springs cleaned up...painted and new bushings installed. and went and got some bolts and managed to get them mounted.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bob123456789

Members online