IDI Rally Pics You DIdn't See In Diesel World Article

PwrSmoke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As I said, there were a few pics that were cut from the article. I won't get into trouble posting them here, along with the captions, so here they are. I'm really busy now and havne't been able to be here much... but I will tell you that the "IDI-ID" story, which is a history piece on the Ford IDI and has a few pics from the Rally in it, will come out at some point, as well as some features on some of the other trucks from the Rally. I have no control over when they get run but you'll see them eventually. I'll give a heads up when I know.

I'm glad you guys are happy and since I am part of the community, I'll still be pitching Ford IDI stories here and there as I see opportunities. We are a really small part of the diesel market now, so we can't expect monthly coverage. But I ain't gonna let the new guys forget where they came from ( : < )!

You must be registered for see images attach

IDI-2) The Bricknose/OBS side of the Show & Shine lineup.

ID-4) Second in the dyno lineup was Heath Sutton, whose very built 6.9L was fresh from a full rebuild and upgrade. He made 209 hp and 444 lbs-ft. Besides a top quality rebuild, the stock bore 6.9L was given ARP head studs, Comp cams 910 valve springs, a Moose injection pump with Moose Mister injectors, Banks wastegated Sidewinder turbo with a 7.3L PSD intercooler and a Banks 3-inch exhaust with the muffler deleted.

IDI-20) Bone stock and loving it. Frank & Marsha Butts bought this ’86 F250 SuperCab new in ’86. He used it for a time in his veterinary business and as a family truck and hauler. It’s still in the family and still doing more or less the same thing. It’s only showing 75,000 original miles. It’s a top-o-the XLT Lariat 4x2 with the C6, and 3.55:1 gears.

IDI-12) This is not the official uniform of the IDI group.

Attachments

• IDI-17LR.jpg
    IDI-17LR.jpg
    329.2 KB · Views: 205

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
Nice pictures Jim, thanks again for the effort you put into this. With the storms that went through Ohio, we didn't even know if you were ok let alone if an article would come to fruition. You were close to having a convoy of old Fords headed your way to lend a helping hand.:angel:;SweetLOL

91idi

Fiberglass *****
Reaction score
Nice pictures Jim, thanks again for the effort you put into this. With the storms that went through Ohio, we didn't even know if you were ok let alone if an article would come to fruition. You were close to having a convoy of old Fords headed your way to lend a helping hand.:angel:;SweetLOL

Hey don't forget the d-max that would be in the crowd! Lol

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Jim, seeing fruits of your work come to press over our rally is a humbling experience. Having you call me to tell me that you were not going to be able to make it to the rally literally crushed my hopes to get our group some exposure and give the guys an opportunity to get their trucks in a magazine. Many had the same thoughts, as I did as I was broadcasting via CB the news to the group as we were convoying to our destination for the day, wanting to help you out anyway we could as a brotherhood would help another fellow member. The good Lord provided and hearing the news that the power was back on in your neighborhood and the beautiful rattle of the 6.9 headed our way was a dream coming true!
I truly hope you are able to come to future events as you now know what we do first hand and how successful we are as a group and that other IDI owners emerge, they too can share their stories and their trucks.
I thank you for being able to take the time to share our event.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks again Jim. It was great to get to meet you and see your truck. Still trying to get a copy for myself, but I can't wait to see it.

I really hope you can make the trip to IN this summer for the Rally.

Heath

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I finally got some and can't thank you enough for the coverage. The whole 9 pages dedicated to our IDI's was a massively appreciated effort!

PwrSmoke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Again, you're welcome. Don't forget, it was really the editor, Kevin Wilson, who came thru with all those pages, so reserve some of your kudo-energy for him. Considering we (the IDI Ford diesel we) are really a pretty small fish in a pretty big diesel-filled pond, that was an extraordinarily nice thing to do.

And don't forget to look at Conestoga Diesel's first national magazine ad on page 157!

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I'm going to locate the mag now... I'm giddy with excitement like the fatty is... Thats a laugh and a half right there..... 9 pages is impressive for sure. We may be a small tiny part of the diesel world but we have a lot to say. Mostly we will be around long after the crash of civilation. We don;t need electricity to run or engines. Just a manual fuel shotoff and an bump start and were rolling.. Can't say that for the newer diesels. Theres a lot to be said for simplisity these days and our idi fits that mode very well.