IDI departure

Michael Fowler

Reaction score
Scott,
Sad news, indeed. You and your daughter will be prayed for, count on it.

I've only viewed divorce from the outside, so to speak, but from what I've seen, the lawyers always win. Only the lawyers win. They seem to bring out the worst in both parties, and make them feel they have to attack, attack attack!
Like others have said, do as much as possible ( more than you think is fair) to remain civil, and encourage your spouse to do the same. Try to avoid having the children dragged thru as pawns. It is amazing what "adults" can do to each other in a divorce.

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
Damn Scott....I have been down that rocky road as well.
Keep as civil as possible in front of your daughter...even if you really want to reach out and strangle your soon to be HEX wife.....show your daughter you are still her daddy;Sweet

wanna talk....pm me for my cell# or send yours :cheers:

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well Scott, I've not been divorced or even married so I won't even pretend to understand what you're dealing with, but you'll be in my thoughts and prayers. Sorry to hear the bad news ):

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Scott,

the brotherhood is here for ya. If ya need anything don't be afraid to ask. Knowing this group we will what we can to help. I as well have seen what can happen - I haven't walked in those shoes but I can listen if need be - sometimes just venting helps. As said don't use the kids as a weapon because as much as it might seem the thing to do it's not fair to them. My brother went through a nasty one and she used the kids as weapons - well as it turned out as soon as they were 18 they came looking for "Dad" and have been in his life ever since and they harbour a resentment towards "Mom" for what she did. She would move if she thought my brother might know where she lived because she would not give visitation even though the court ordered it - it about sucked him dry financially fighting to see the kids - ended up he had to just let it go and wait. Well it turned out for him ok in the end - yes he missed a good portion of their lives but they are around him now. I think the grand kids are over to his place every chance they get (brother is a truck driver).

jharvey

Shutter Bug
Reaction score
Scott, sorry to hear about this. Thoughts and prayers sent your way.....

And remember.....The Fellowship of the Black Cloud is here for you

John

dwaymar

dwaymar
Reaction score
Scott went thru that 10 years ago do yourself one big favor never say never cause when you think you can no longer take it just look into the little ones eyes and things will fall into place after mine was over i found a lady that i love and worship the ground she walks on and as far as my x well we even became the best of friends so look for the best in all the man upstairs has plans for us all

luc to ya and the family

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What a b***! Its one thing if she doesn't want to be with you, but as much as I know you love your daughter....its inexcusable for you to be kept from her. That's kind of the way it is in Florida, here they already have decided that the man is the bad guy in most cases, so when it comes to marriage I pray I choose well...I guess Ohio is the same way? Surely they must make some provisions for a good dad to see his kid(s)?

rubberfish

Reaction score
I won't say prayer for you.
But I do wish you the best of luck.
I've been through this as well.
Sometimes the ladies can become quite the *****.
There's all kinds of advice I could offer you.
Most importantly I think would be. Remain calm.

There's room in my inbox for ya. ;)
if ya wanna talk or anything. :cheers:

TLBREWER

Windy B Ranch
Reaction score
Scott

I don't know what to say, except I'm sorry to hear about your unpleasant turn of events.

My parents divorced when I was very young, and each of them went thru several marriages after that. When I made the choice to marry, I said this is a one time good deal so make the best of it. That was twenty years ago. Sometimes it's not so easy. Whatever happens, remain calm as others have said, and be the bigger person.

One thing to remember is your daughter is YOUR daughter. No-one can ever change that or take that away from either of you. No matter what is going on now, or how rough the immediate future will be, in the end you will have each other.

Tom

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
having watched and been in the court with a custody battle just a couple if years ago i can tell you from my experience that she has the upper hand. not necessarily because she is a woman but because she has your daughter. when my fiancee' split from her ex (this was before we were together) they shared some and he ended up not giving back the kid as promised. she tried calling the cops but because he was the father and there was no custody papers yet they wanted nothing to do with this "grey" zone.

he held him until she went to court out of spit and the judge saw it as she allowed it to happen so they got split custody instead of her getting sole custody. this guy wanted nothing to do with the kid before then suddenly he was superdad...thats another story.

PA might be different and i would talk with the lawyer but courts around here are becoming much more dad friendly. they do try to give a much more 50/50 split, and he got it to simply because he suddenly pleaded the victome.

i am sorry to hear of your problems, its a heartbreaking time. life will be much different no matter what because both of you will be sharing your daughter at separate times now.

just try to work through it and dont badmouth her mother, your dougher will see it and understand it later who was lying or manipulating her.

god bless and get some good support these will be hard times, and a good lawyer unfortunately it does not pay to be nice at all in court.

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
Just wanted to let everyone know I am still kicking. Spent a wonderful weekend with my daughter. Can't wait until the next time or things change. Have a hearing very soon to get things started.

Might be calling a couple of you soon who have provided numbers. I am doing well and holding my own. I have a great boss, great friends and a very supportive group of people around me - can't ask for anything more than more time with my little girl, hopefully, that will come.

SE

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Good to hear Scott, I didn't get to post sooner but you are in my prayers as well. Sounds like you are in the best position that you can be in with a good support group around you. You just have to focus on what is important and it sounds like you are!

like many others said, please let me know if I can help you in any way.

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
Doing my best guys. Funny how a group of people I have never met, make me feel better about things.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grizzly Wrecker

Members online