Reaction score
INTERNATIONAL RED, GRAY, SCATAPILLER YELLOW? FORD BLUE?:eek: you pick

Last edited:

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Hmmm, more details please.

I'd go for Ford blue.:D

But I have been known to paint a motor hot pink, whick for a practical joke, worked wonders.;Sweet

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
lol i bett it would run like a ***** barbie lmao:rotflmao

:rotflmao:rotflmao

Here's what a 302 looks like hot pink!:sly

Might be worth considering. Pavement marker flourescent pink is a verrrrry bright pink and only ran me 5 bucks.:D

Attachments

• IMG00134-20090714-2021.jpg
    IMG00134-20090714-2021.jpg
    417.1 KB · Views: 27

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ford/IH Blue. I never understood why IH painted the DT series blue and the IDI's came in Ford truck with grey paint.:dunno

Heath

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
but blue adds 50 horsepower, cat yellow will give them so much power they will break driveline parts, i would have painted it that except its impossible to find anything around here-cuss, red just makes them look funny, and gray keeps them from being able to make more power than stock, so if you want more power then paint it Claterpillar yellow or blue and you will have lots of powerLOL

George_7.3IDI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure if there is any stock in this opinion that I heard but someone told me once not to paint an engine a bright color. The reason being that brighter colors tend to reflect heat whereas darker colors absorb it and allow the heat to pass through. This person had mentioned that he had heard of people who had painted their engines a bright color and ended up blowing it up due to the paint reflecting the heat and not allowing it to pass through and radiate outward as well as dark paint does. I'll have to do some looking around on the oracle aka "Internet" to see if this is a valid claim but it does make some sense.

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
I'm not sure if there is any stock in this opinion that I heard but someone told me once not to paint an engine a bright color. The reason being that brighter colors tend to reflect heat whereas darker colors absorb it and allow the heat to pass through. This person had mentioned that he had heard of people who had painted their engines a bright color and ended up blowing it up due to the paint reflecting the heat and not allowing it to pass through and radiate outward as well as dark paint does. I'll have to do some looking around on the oracle aka "Internet" to see if this is a valid claim but it does make some sense.

There was a guy on fte i belive his handle was george7.3idi you aint the same person are you? but i think he had a 94 factory turbo that the 7.3 died to cavitation and he finally got a 6.9 and put it in it, are you the person im thinking of?

George_7.3IDI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
but blue adds 50 horsepower, cat yellow will give them so much power they will break driveline parts, i would have painted it that except its impossible to find anything around here-cuss, red just makes them look funny, and gray keeps them from being able to make more power than stock, so if you want more power then paint it Claterpillar yellow or blue and you will have lots of powerLOL

What does John Deere Ag Green and Ag Yellow do for it? See link http://www.oilburners.net/forums/showthread.php?t=34204&page=10

George_7.3IDI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There was a guy on fte i belive his handle was george7.3idi you aint the same person are you? but i think he had a 94 factory turbo that the 7.3 died to cavitation and he finally got a 6.9 and put it in it, are you the person im thinking of?

It's possible... I have been on FTE before but I don't remember... and yeah I do have a 7.3 but it was N/A. But no I didn't drop a 6.9 in I just pulled the 7.3 got it machined and rebuilt it... though I didn't have any cavitation issues that were visible before or after machining the cylinders for the sleeves. I have since put a hypermax turbo on the rebuilt engine. The reason I did the rebuild is that I had some money and I had some low compression on the cylinders...yeah in retrospect I think I was crazy to do this but oh well. Now it'll run for a long time.