IDI 1 Powerstroke 0

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In yet another demonstration of why I have 6 IDI's on premise, and only 1 PSD, the Moose Wagon has failed yet again to complete it's mission without discourse. I'm leaving at 6:00am to go to work. I get about 3 miles from home, and the engine just shuts off in an obvious electrical malfunction. I could tell it wasn't fuel, because the truck has already left me sit because of a fuel problem. :rolleyes: One of the first things I did when I got this PSD, was to get a spare camshaft position sensor, having read all the threads that said "you need to carry one of these". It was in the glove box. Unfortunately the 10mm socket, extension, and handle to change it were not. Nor was the change of clothes, hand washing stuff, etc. So.... I took the easiest route, and called Matthias to come and tow me with the Night Moose, back to the house. Well, I was down at the bottom of a really big hill. There were 3 ways we could take, all of which were uphill. 2 paved (and busy) and 1 dirt. We chose the dirt route, because it was a more gradual climb, and didn't think we would have to dodge any traffic. Matthias hitched up to me, and towed me backwards most of the way. About half way up the hill, the 3200 pound Night Moose, just could not get the copious amounts of power available to the ground. He started slipping, and in a dramatic show of control, he managed to keep the things moving while eminating a slow squeel on the fine dirt road (I never thought it possible for tires to squeel on dirt, but I'm a believer now). Unfortunately, an Amish buggy came along in a narrow part of the road, and we lost too much momentum, and lost too much traction. We were not able to re-start, as the Night Moose was too light to move the ponderous 8000+ pound Excursion up the steep hill. Failing that, Matthias drove to a nearby farm and gained the aid of a John Deere 2040. Mr. Deere pulled me up the dirt road the rest of the way, at which point the Night Moose took over and completed the Journey back home. Here we are comming into Moose Valley.
You must be registered for see images

Once in the driveway, I located the CPS, replaced it, and was on my way to work again. I think it's time to put some tools in my newest Ford truck. Perhaps I should just remove them from the older ones. ;Really

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I drive a Ford truck... Thats my reason for a tool box in behind the rear seat....:rotflmao:D I'm sometimes in the same boat Mel... I have what I need but the needed tools are elsewhere. I went to buy a block of ice once. I put $2.00 on quarters in the slpt. Herd the sound of gears working but no ice block comes out the shoot... So I lift up the rubber flap... See another panel so I lift that... The sound of gears stops and there is my block of ice... The motor drive threw a chain so nothing was marching ice to the shoot... Damnit... So I look in my truck and find an beach umbrella pole and a claw hammer... Not good at all... So I try to poke the block of ice and make it come out.. Nope.... So I look around for some rope or string to tie the claw hammer to the pole..... Nope... Nothing.... So I find some of the supermarket plastic bags under the seat... I cut them into long strands... Tie the hammer to the pole and now I have a claw to grab my block of ice....:sly I dtuck it up in the freezer... Pull realle hard and then I get my hard earned block of $2.00 ice... Wife asked me whats with that pole and hammer...... I just smiled as I told her the adventure to get her that block of ice.....:rotflmao:D My daughter started calling me Mcgiver after that.... Another proud moment it was..... I drive an idi... Its a lifestyle... Not a truck....:D

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
Mel,Maybe it is time to pull that POS and stuff a IDI in it.Not like it would be that hard....after doing a bronco and F150....

flatlander

plays dirty when losing
Reaction score
It's time to admit that you have a personal photographer Mel.

Either that or you have an amazing ability to chronicle everything. Most of the time I get done with something and think "I should have taken pictures of that"

deezlwex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, we have something to talk about at lunch tomorrow!LOL Glad it worked out OK. The CPS was about the only thing that didn't go wrong with my PSD...:rolleyes:

david85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No matter how much I might have deserved it, my beast never left me stranded or calling for a tow.

What can I say, the old truck has a big heart. I'm gonna go give it a big hug right now.

mmmmmmmmmmmm

What are you looking at!:backoff

FordGuy100

Reaction score
No matter how much I might have deserved it, my beast never left me stranded or calling for a tow.

What can I say, the old truck has a big heart. I'm gonna go give it a big hug right now.

mmmmmmmmmmmm

What are you looking at!:backoff

Now they are going to call us truck huggers :rotflmao. It'll be like us calling them tree-huggers but opposite cookoo

david85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Only problem with talking to vehicles is my truck gets jealous. Spent a day or so replacing a leaky water pump in Dad's GM, next week MY truck starts leaking in the exact same place (actually thats not BS, it really happenedcookoo).

I keep the truck happy, and it keeps me moving. Truck keeps me happy, and it grows younger and faster. We have a good understanding.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Trucks do like to be talked to and petted. They also like when you have *** in them. Makes them feel appreciated. LOL

No... no personal photographer Barney. We paused so I could get out and take the pic, cause as we got closer to the house, I realized this would need to be posted. So I guess the difference between you and me is about 5 minutes worth of thinking. LOL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger