ID a Diff....

wwwabbit

Mmmmm Diesel
Reaction score
I am a little lost looking at this thing. I think it's the Ford 10.25" diff, the code on the door says "35" so it should have the 4.10 gears in it.

What is the wires going to the top of it? Am I missing something, or has someone slipped an e-locker in it :D
Pic 1
Pic 2
Pic 3
Pic 4
Pic 5

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by wwwabbit
I am a little lost looking at this thing. I think it's the Ford 10.25" diff, the code on the door says "35" so it should have the 4.10 gears in it.

from what I can tell before the 'puter started locking up on me is you got a 10.25 and the electrical connector is for your ABS sensor

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
Re: Re: ID a Diff....

Originally posted by towcat
from what I can tell before the 'puter started locking up on me is you got a 10.25 and the electrical connector is for your ABS sensor

or the speed sensor...............:cheers:

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think I read somewhere he said he's got a '91. sped sensors are a '92 and up item. I know my '92 F350 uses the speed sensor in the back.

Pacific

Gravel Rat
Reaction score
You will want to check the vent on your diff it looks like excessive pressure is blowing gear oil out the pinion seal. You will prolly want to change the gear oil anyhow and have a look see to inspect the gears.

As for the wires you got me I haven't owned a truck with a 10.25 Ford all my trucks have had Dana axles.

If the pinion seal is gone then the bearings might be gone or the crush sleeve wasn't tightened up enough.

wwwabbit

Mmmmm Diesel
Reaction score
:hail ABS sensor, that would make sense... It has rear ABS on it... Yes, it is a '91 so if the '92 and up have speed sensors then that would make it an ABS sensor.
I have just seen them on the newer vehicals on the wheel end, not the diff.

And yes, we are working at addressing the oil issue, just have not got that far yet.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bob123456789