I need help with passenger side power window

Twostacks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im having trouble with my passenger side window, it wont go up or down from either the driver or passenger side switches. If I put direct power to the motor I can get it to go up and down. I tested all the switches, grounds and connections and they seem ok:dunno Can someone offer any help it wo9uld be most appreciated..

Thanks

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
open the front door and slice open the harness going into the rear door.almost gaurantee yu have a broken wire in the door jamb.or a broken wire in the driver side front door jamb.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Mine would go up or down once in a while.... Found the motor brushes were worn out as was the comutater. Just buy another motor. You will need to drill some holes thru the inner door panel to reach the bolts. Drill thru where ford made the punch marks or spot welds. You will see them easily when the door panel is off. If your going "shopping" at a wrecking yard a large pair of channel lock pliars is all you need instead of a drill motor and 3/8 drilll bit.. I just grab the metal panel where the bolts are holding the motor inplace. Then just rip the metal downwards. It tears easily. Then a 10mm socket and the motor is out. PS... Make sure the window is up and duct tape it in place. Otherwise it will fal and hurt you big time....:eek:LOL

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
just dawned on me you have a 94.open up the boot in the drivers door jamb.there you will find a broken wire along with a few more wires about to break.forgot the 94s didnt have power rear windows.i had the same problem with my 95s rear doors and my old 94s passengers door.

Rot Box

Northern Utah
Reaction score
Here's my window only works sometimes thread.... http://oilburners.net/forums/showthread.php?t=40368

I still haven't found the problem, but I'm 99% sure (after checking and doing everything else) its a broken wire. I'm waiting for the day when I have enough patience to tear into it. I think I'll just keep putting it off until winter and worry about it next summer :rolleyes:LOL GOOD LUCK! post up if you find anything out it would help quite a few of us.

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
its a 10 minute fix.either pull the boot out of the dor and get to the wires that way or slice the frnt of it where it cant be seen and butt connect the wires back together.very simple fix and very common problem with power windows and locks

Twostacks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's my window only works sometimes thread.... http://oilburners.net/forums/showthread.php?t=40368

I still haven't found the problem, but I'm 99% sure (after checking and doing everything else) its a broken wire. I'm waiting for the day when I have enough patience to tear into it. I think I'll just keep putting it off until winter and worry about it next summer :rolleyes:LOL GOOD LUCK! post up if you find anything out it would help quite a few of us.

Thanks for the link, i'm going to try the driver side harness like 94f450sd says, I did check the passenger side for continuity and all wires check out. I'll check the driver side tonight, that side gets much more use then the right side so I hope he's right.;Sweet

Thanks

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i can give you a 97% gaurantee im right.it happens on every vehicle i have ever worked on that the other windows wouldnt work on.you will find other wires about to break in there as well.very common and well known problem in repair shops.they spend 10 minutes to open the boot and fix the wires.then charge you out the ass for a new motor and installing it.god i hate repair shops!!!

Twostacks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i can give you a 97% gaurantee im right.it happens on every vehicle i have ever worked on that the other windows wouldnt work on.you will find other wires about to break in there as well.very common and well known problem in repair shops.they spend 10 minutes to open the boot and fix the wires.then charge you out the ass for a new motor and installing it.god i hate repair shops!!!

You were 110% right :hail, I slid the accordian wire hose on the driver side back and exposed two broken wires (open). I fished the two ends out of each end of the rubber hose, added a 6" length of wire to repair the connections, crimped them together with butt connectors and it works like a charm!! I also noticed the harness coming into the door from the door jam was rather tight so I removed one strap that was holding the harness to the door, it has better movement with the door now. Also added a little grease to the sliding mechanism....done!

Attachments

• CIMG1739.jpg
    CIMG1739.jpg
    325.1 KB · Views: 9
  • CIMG1740.jpg
    CIMG1740.jpg
    387.7 KB · Views: 6
  • CIMG1741.jpg
    CIMG1741.jpg
    199.5 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
now imagine bein the poor sucker to be ***** at a repair shop on this 10 minute fix.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Another free fix from the best forum on the net. We can fix anything with nothing... Isn't it great....:thumbsup::sly:D Glad it was an easy fix. I did think it was a bad motor but someone better than I knew what was wrong....;Sweet

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I did think it was a bad motor but someone better than I knew what was wrong....;Sweet

not better than you.ive run into this problem workin on cars since i was 6 years old.im sure there is something you know that i dont.but anyways you just learned something new.;Sweet

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
The more I know about these trucks the more I find out what I don't know. Problem is when I learn something new something old has to be gotten rid of. My brain just can't handle all the new stuff... Something has to be dumped....:eek::rotflmao Suxs to be me sometimes....:sly:D Thanks again for this very useful information. I got it stored now but forgot what I forgot....:dunno:D:angel:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin

Members online