I feel like a pirate who found a treasure

Sidewinded_idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
stopped by my local pick a part to check on the 5 speed 7.3 dropped off last week (hoping someone steals the motor I want the trans but don't want to pull it!) but one row over they must've dropped a prestine 6.9 truck within the last two days! Odo said 31k and I bet it's true unless rolled over maybe once. It's super clean and has the complete banks turbo kit on it! I'll post some pics to enjoy but I ended up pulling the racor fuel filter setup for only 7$ lol.

Look at the pics the engine is dusty but no oil leaks or grime. Some diesel spill as someone pulled injectors and just cut the hard lines. Had push button glow plug setup, pyrometers.

If anyone knows anything about this intake setup I've never seen it before. Stamped ford but pulls from in front of the radiator? I pulled the pedal assembly out of the five speed truck to keep until I realized that it's a 91 and my 92 is different so I left it in the 6.9 toolbox. The tires even had great tread but were cracked on the bottom like it had been sitting for a long time
You must be registered for see images attach

Sidewinded_idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Sidewinded_idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score

oregon96psd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What shape is the steering wheel/horn pad in?

(It looks good, but hard to tell on a phone)

Sidewinded_idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It looked like new. I was looking at it actually to judge if the truck had 30k or more and it looked great

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the turbo kit is a early Banks non wastegated kit. the uppipes on the kit are very trans specific. it's not the best but better than the 2nd gen Banks kit where the airbox and intake plenum are one unit and it's a ***** to install.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Sidewinded_idi, that's the factory air intake for the bull nose trucks. They didn't use the plastic piece that mounts on top of the core support until the brick nose trucks. I'm not sure if it switched in 1987 or not, but I don't remember seeing the pictured intake on any brick nose.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have that cold air intake...draws below bat box

87-91 goes above bat box but has hole for that style so I use it as my group 31 bats leave no room for over bat style

Knuckledragger

blowing chunks and grabbing porcelain
Reaction score
Is this the yard in Bloomington? San Bernardino? I don't need any turbo stuff, but would like some slant nose parts, maybe the entire 6.9.

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If I wasn't on the other side of the country I'd want the front clip lol! Love the bullnoses.

david85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice shape but there's no way it hasn't rolled over. The wear I can see on the corners of the fake wood horn pad tell me its seen more than 30k miles. A look at the right hand corner of the brake pedal also shows wear clean through the rubber. Lack of wear on the driver's side of the bench is probably due to the running boards.

Sad to see such a cherry tossed out like that but I hope you can get some good parts off it. I actually need an extended cab molding for the passenger side and its getting harder to find trucks like this up here. Wreckers crushed them long ago so all I can do is keep an eye on craigslist for opportunities.

Nice, it even has the fancy bumper I've been looking for...