Hypermax turbo / body lift

Ottoparts

Whoa, that was fun!
Reaction score
I have read allot about body lifts when adding a turbo.
But my question is.......
how many of you are running a Hypermax Pulse turbo that have or do not have a body lifts?

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd qualify as both. I ran a pulse trubo for years without a body lift. Then added one later. Same deal again on a second truck. If I were to do it a third time, I'd do the body lift first, then put the turbo in.

Willie Two

Retired Firefighter
Reaction score
Body Lift

My hypermax is on the way, how close to the body is the pipe and because the body lift was not part of my immediate plan can I do without it till spring ?? It's -25 here right now.........:eek:

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
I haven't put a hypermax on, but for any turbo work, it would be easier to lift the cab up and set it on 6" blocks to do the job, and that would make it a prime time to either replace the cab mounts or give it a lift. If you are going to put a turbo on , at the very least you are going to want new cab mounts to prevent contact due to sagging cab mounts, and trying to get your hands in there with saggy cab mounts is a nightmare. To get the things seperated to block it up chances are you will end up cutting the rear ones, soo, might as well buy new ones, so it just becomes a matter of which will it be, new cab mounts or , new cab mounts and a sack of hockey pucks for a 1 " lift, or a 2" lift kit.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The big difference between body lift or no body lift, is the time you spend clearancing the pipes. Sure, you can install the turbo and totally skip the body lift. It will work just fine, and was designed to be used that way. It's just that once you've done it both ways, your like OMG! :eek: I'm NEVER going to do it without the body lift again. LOL

punkmechanic

diesel tech
Reaction score
I got mine in without too much trouble with no body lift. I also just pulled the engine and have yet to take the cab mounts out. I like the idea of a body lift, but my fiance is vertially challeged so side steps will need to come first. I definatly agree that putting a turbo in a truck with a body lift would be easier but putting a body lift on too do the turbo would be more work in the end.

Punk

Ottoparts

Whoa, that was fun!
Reaction score
I like the idea of new body mounts, but do not really want to do a body lift if I can get away with it. Both time and money will tell.
Where is everybody buying their cab mounts from? I was going to look at LMC and Dennis Carpenter.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online