Body mounts

FrozenMerc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a real problem with Energy Suspension. I was the Validation Engineering and Warranty Manager for a Tier 1 Heavy Truck Suspension Manufacturer for 5 years. We tested 100's of different bushings from many different manufacturers over the years. Every Energy Suspension bushing we tested, failed sooner in durability testing than almost any other manufacturer. We never put Energy bushings into any of our products as the warranty would have been ridiculous. The image below is of a standard durability test with an Energy Suspension bushing failed. A suspension link would be load into the test rig, and we would push and pull on it in the same manner that the link would see during braking and acceleration events until failure. Loads would be specific to the GAWR and application (Class 8 drive axle link below).

In addition to that, I just replaced two of the Energy body mounts in my '62 Mercury Wagon that I installed in 2016 (before I took the suspension job). That car only had about 15,000 miles on it, and they had completely disintegrated.

You must be registered for see images attach

jwsfarrier

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks all for the info on this topic. I have a new Energy Suspension kit I have had on the shelf for a few year waiting to go in. While more expensive the S&B kit sounds like the way to go. I would really hate to go through all that trouble only to be disappointed. Other than the price I dont see a reason not to go the S&B route

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online