Hypermax cartridge

Got Smoke?

The Smokey One
Reaction score
:backoff -cuss -cuss -cuss -cuss -cuss

Got outbid by $2 -cuss dollars -cuss and -cuss 50 cents after I left for work this AM!:mad:

Does anybody know where I can find another one of these for my cousin? The local turbo rebuild shop couldn't match up his turbo with anything in their books.:rolleyes:

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know why that is. Seems like everytime I want something on there, I get outbid by some measly amount at the last minute, and it goes for a heafty price. Yet when I sell something like a $100 rear axle skid plate, it gets a couple bids, and sells for a dollar sixty. cookoo

spencnaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was bidding on that cartridge as well and I didn't set my bidding limit high enough on my sniping program.

IHWillys

Full Access Member
Reaction score
... I get outbid by some measly amount...

As far as ebay goes, one usually never knows by how much one was outbid. The winning bidder may have bid tens/hundreds/thousands of dollars more but the winning price is set by the second highest bidder. The second highest bidder always loses by the increment amount or less.

Only if the difference between the winning price and the second highest bid is less than the increment amount does one know that the winning price was the maximum bid.

Some examples to illustrate:

#1 - bidder1 bids $100, bidder2 bids $125, and bidder3 bids $200. The seller set the bid increment at $5. Thus the winning bid is bidder3 at $130. Bidder2 didn't just barely get outbid. He was outbid by $75. But the second highest bidder(bidder2 in this case) sets the winning bid price because it is the second highest bid + the bid increment that the high bidder pays. It's the nature of proxy bidding. Even though the high bidder was willing to pay more, he only has to pay a little bit(the bid increment) more than the second highest bidder.

#2 - Same example except bidder3 bids $127 and thus wins with a winning bid of $127. Because this is less than the bid increment + second highest bid, we know that $127 was his max bid.

#3 - Same example except bidder2 wins with a bid of $125 after bidder3 bid $125 at the last second. bidder2 got his bid in first so the 'tie' goes to him, and we know that was the maximum amount bid by anyone because... the difference(0 in this case) between the winning bid and the second highest bidder was less than the increment amount.

Only in case #2 and #3 do we know the high bid. The majority of auctions that involve 2 bidders or more end up like in #1, where the winning bid is second highest bid + bid increment. So the majority of the time, we don't know by how much the second highest bidder was outbid.

Ken

DeepRoots

Tug Engineer
Reaction score
I've won alot of auctions by bidding $200.01

anyway, always had good luck on ebay. last vehicle I owned that I didn't buy on ebay was in 1996

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online